Quantcast

Class 5

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
I wanted to check out some bikeways that extend out a direction I have never been. Problem is (maybe it isnt a problem) they turn into class 5 about 10 miles out... Is this going to be a problem for my michy road tyres?

Thanks for the input!

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
sorry...construction talk..... Its that yellowy beige crushed chalky rock that is used as a substrate ya see it alot packed down hard as trails...

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
Naw... the stuff is realy hard packed...from about a zillion people hoofin and ridin their comfort bikes on it... I'm not too worried about traction. Just about tire poppage...I've ridden the kind of stuff a million times on a 26, but.....

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
What kind of michelins? I'd be worried about blowing a sidewall because there are bound to be a few loose sharpies...

Clark Kent said:
Naw... the stuff is realy hard packed...from about a zillion people hoofin and ridin their comfort bikes on it... I'm not too worried about traction. Just about tire poppage...I've ridden the kind of stuff a million times on a 26, but.....

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
I want to find the moron who decided any sort of gravel is a good bike-path surface... :mumble:

I'd rather ride on dirt... :angry:

To answer your question, I'd avoid it. Your tires will thank you by lasting longer and not getting cut.