Quantcast

Classic avatars from RM's humble beginnings?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
The avatar award thread got me curious- do any of you longer-lived members still have your old RM avatars saved? Some I remember and some I don't, but it would be an amusing blast from the past to see some classic or original avatars elder monkeys have used. For example, the "I am Cannabian" MMike avatar or the "Iron Maiden/Eddie" SK6 avatar.

Anyone recall this cat?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I remember that one.

I think my first avatar was a black and white shot of the headtube/toptube/downtube juncture of my Evil Imperial.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
WILSON!!!!!
I remember that one too.

My original was a pic of NTSC color bars. booooor---ing.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
llkoolkeg said:
No, yours used to be a smilie face but it was not that big spherical one- you had a different smilie face originally...or am I just high?
Well I dunno about your state of mind :D but I've always had this avatar here, the only time it's changed is when I put a santa hat on it...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
Well I dunno about your state of mind :D but I've always had this avatar here, the only time it's changed is when I put a santa hat on it...
There was the mean rabid green smiley with big pointy teeth. That once kicked ass.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I've had a bunch over the last couple of years, but just recently changed it up. I remember having a rebel belt buckle, my team logo, something with a santa hat, there has to be others. Here's the "More Cowbell" one that I was rocking for a long time:

Nice! The new croch-rocking Stormtrooper is pretty much in time with Will Ferrell. Sick!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
mine is the same as ever +/- santa hats, sombreros, and wagging tails

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
My original was of a rescue dog, an American Blue Gascogne, I think.

I lost it and can not find it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
MMcG said:
I've changed mine about a gazillion times already. Current plan is to rotate through a bunch of legendary hockey goalies.
And the flyers haven't had a decent goalie since him/your avatar.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
I don't remember mine - might have been a shock with a red line through it in a red circle...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
My first one was a picture of me riding. i soon realized that nobody on here really rides so i sold my mt. bike and bagged that avatar soon after.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Skookum said:
My first one was a picture of me riding. i soon realized that nobody on here really rides so i sold my mt. bike and bagged that avatar soon after.
I liked your Charlie Brown avatar the best.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Still useing the one I originally drew a bit over 5 years ago.
I still like it so I don't see myself changing anytime soon. :)

I think, Amateur is still useing the one I made for him maybe 4 years ago?? A surfer on a stylised wave/american flag.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Westy said:
There was the mean rabid green smiley with big pointy teeth. That once kicked ass.
Oh yeah! I used it for a total of about 15 minutes, and a bunch of people begged me to change it back :p

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
I've been thinking of going back to this one:

I found it on some muscle car forum I stumbled upon.