Quantcast

Classical track of the day (May 16, 2006)

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
after a long weekend's absence, today's classical track of the day is:

Jihwan Kim's thesis. note that it's a pretty long piece! at 18 minutes. so you're getting your money's worth with this one.

no cover art for this one, as explained below:

this piece was one which one of my friends wrote to fulfill his thesis requirement as a Music concentrator (aka "major") in undergrad. i'm the trumpet player on the track -- please excuse the gross playing at the very end! if this sounds like a movie score, then you nailed it, as that's what jihwan wants to do.

previous cTotD can be found by searching for "classical" :D

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Wow. I wish I could write a symphony. It must take a special person to be able to hear how every instrument fits together with every other instrument to create final piece.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
jdschall said:
Wow. I wish I could write a symphony. It must take a special person to be able to hear how every instrument fits together with every other instrument to create final piece.
yeah, he's quite a guy.

this wasn't a thesis effort but rather just for a (year long) class, but here's what i wrote myself around the same time (click it):

it kinda reveals my lack of musical creativity :D . and unfortunately i don't have any recordings of it handy -- i think i deleted them all a while back when i got sick of hearing it come up in shuffle play in itunes...