Quantcast

Cleaning up O.P. Schnabel jumps (San Antonio)

Aug 9, 2011
Hey guys. Couple of friends and I have decided to start cleaning up the two larger jumps at O.P. Schnabel Park in San Antonio, TX. Already cleared some of the loose gravel from the main jump and then there's another (possibly larger) jump right next to it that looks like it hasn't gotten any action in a long time. Planning on bringing it back to life. A lot of rock is showing on the down ramp of the larger one so we were going to pack some dirt on top of it so people don't topple over while trying to pick up speed for the jump.

Just going to clear all of the gravel on both sides of the jump, smooth out the bumps and clear the path of a few branches that are hanging down right over the jump. Also going to smooth out the starting platform at the top of the hill (just a little bit to give a more stable launch).

Any help is appreciated. Just whenever you go there, push some gravel off of the trail or do any of the things listed above.

... did the main jump a few times but kept sliding in all the gravel. Cleared a lot of it out while we were there though... now I have to wait for my leg to heal before going back (see picture).

Attachments