Quantcast

Cleared by the Doctor

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
I went to the Doc yesterday and he checked out my compressed vertibrae and said that i was okay to start going back to the stuff i was doing before w00t!!!! Although i will be taking it easy for a bit just to make sure everything is all healed up correctly, its probably a better route than messing it up again. So hopefully in the near future i shall be back down at the Slowpark ripping (sucking) it up again wahoo im excited!!!:weee: :D :dancing:

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
great to hear that man!!! i had pretty much the same injury about 4or5months ago(it sucked) i went to the chiropractor(spelling?) every three days, it felt so good! after he said i could go back to "sports" it was still very sore. so be carefull it could feal perfectly fine and then move it wrong while your riding and it will come right back...so be carefull.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
ryan/kona29 said:
great to hear that man!!! i had pretty much the same injury about 4or5months ago(it sucked) i went to the chiropractor(spelling?) every three days, it felt so good! after he said i could go back to "sports" it was still very sore. so be carefull it could feal perfectly fine and then move it wrong while your riding and it will come right back...so be carefull.
Ya im gonna take it real easy for a while until i feel abosolutely perfect

smedford

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
Bellingham, WA
cove rider said:
Ya im gonna take it real easy for a while until i feel abosolutely perfect
Those are words of wisdom, it is always better to start small than to reinjusre yourself and take out a couple more months.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
smedford said:
Those are words of wisdom, it is always better to start small than to reinjusre yourself and take out a couple more months.
True that man! Its gonna be hard not to go and hit stuff but i will hold back because i dont wanna ruin my summer

Did they have you guys pick up home traction kits???

I have compressed vertebra in my neck from a motorcycle accident and when it started to bother me again a few years back the doc had me get one and it rocks. Basically, its a pulley system that hangs on a door with a water bag weight on one end and straps on the other that go behind and under your neck. You sit with this thing on, try to completely relax your neck, shoulders and upper body and get a good stretch in for about 10-15 mins. When I'm done I can feel the cartilege in my ribs and sternum popping when I stretch my arms over my head. Before, I would get numbness and tingling sensations down my arm, and sometimes I would wake up with the stiffest neck ever. That's a thing of the past now. You should ask your doc about this if you don't have one!

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
mcoomer said:
Did they have you guys pick up home traction kits???

I have compressed vertebra in my neck from a motorcycle accident and when it started to bother me again a few years back the doc had me get one and it rocks. Basically, its a pulley system that hangs on a door with a water bag weight on one end and straps on the other that go behind and under your neck. You sit with this thing on, try to completely relax your neck, shoulders and upper body and get a good stretch in for about 10-15 mins. When I'm done I can feel the cartilege in my ribs and sternum popping when I stretch my arms over my head. Before, I would get numbness and tingling sensations down my arm, and sometimes I would wake up with the stiffest neck ever. That's a thing of the past now. You should ask your doc about this if you don't have one!

Nope never herd of it