Quantcast

Clemson DH and DS Race October 14th

hardtailpride

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
Saturday, 13th, both course will be shut down!

This coming weekend both course will be reciveing a large amount of trail maitenance.
So please watch out for workers and obstacles changing!

All this coupled with the lack of rain means you can ride the courses but please be careful and limit your time and runs.

We dont want the course to get blown out before the race!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Saturday, 13th, both course will be shut down!

This coming weekend both course will be reciveing a large amount of trail maitenance.
So please watch out for workers and obstacles changing!

All this coupled with the lack of rain means you can ride the courses but please be careful and limit your time and runs.

We dont want the course to get blown out before the race!
Any chance there is a local mobile car washing service who'd donate their crew and pressure washer/truck/trailer to drive down the clay road and hose down anything you're going to be digging and re-shaping?

The wind may blow it away as dry as it's been. :twitch:

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Any chance there is a local mobile car washing service who'd donate their crew and pressure washer/truck/trailer to drive down the clay road and hose down anything you're going to be digging and re-shaping?

The wind may blow it away as dry as it's been. :twitch:
I'm working on trying to get a water truck from the Agg department to come out there one day. It's just silly how dry it is.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
OK, Hardtailpride's post was kind of ambiguous so let me double check - will the course(s) be open to ride this coming Saturday, 10/6?

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Yes it will, but were asking that you limit your runs on the DS course until we can get it packed in. We are in desperate need of water.

enjoy

hardtailpride

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
There is a football game this saturday aswell. So driving will be a nightmare. Consider your self warned!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Rode the both courses on Sunday. The DS course is super fast and fun. One of the best DS courses I have been on. Both DS and HD are very, very dry.... Drifting very easy right now!!!!!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Found an awesome photo somone snapped of the berms going off into the distance.

Can you guys make sure we can't straight line any of them this time?
Last time to race, it almost pained me to straight line some of them :D

hardtailpride

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
nah that section is the same. Its set up so u can hit all of them if ur just out for some fun, but u can straight line during a race. Its sorta of the motto of the entire trail.

Also, we have big plans for winter, possibly a three race series and the addition of a new DH course!

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Found an awesome photo somone snapped of the berms going off into the distance.

Can you guys make sure we can't straight line any of them this time?
Last time to race, it almost pained me to straight line some of them :D
Straight line it for the Race, but when you're just riding it's much more fun to rail them. I hope Herndon comes so I can try to tail him during practice through that section.

hardtailpride

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
Its all becuase matt did the nude rain dance in the parking lot. Thanks matt! :clapping:

Stop posting pics of our trail when i cant ride, it hurts me so. :disgust:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
people should come to the race just to see what kind of shenanigans I'll get into this year.
Shenanigans? That's a pleasantly quaint way of say "Oblivious". :busted:

As for the turns...that's what racing is about....winning in the turns. None of us is going to win on a straight...but 4 berms in a row.

Come on. I REALLY need a reason to bang out those turns in a race run. Make them mandatory.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Gotta agree with butch- why build a bunch of sweet railers then just
blaze through the middle of them, which uses no technical skill unless there are jump lines on the straight through? \

I can see go arounds for the jump sections, but make us turn!!!

I never rode it so, I don't have the same perspective as someone who has.
Is it too fast to hit the turns when you on a race run? Why would you go straight anywhere you could turn? Ever???

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
DH Racing is about picking lines some of the berms are very useful and some not so much its up to you to decided which are.