Quantcast

Clemson DH and DS Race October 14th

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Thanks for coming out guys. Proposals for the race series will be going out in 2 weeks. So keep asking us for updates.
Please...PLEASE....consult with me on how to put your proposals together and market yourselves to sponsors!!! :thumb:
After talking to Matt yesterday, I understand why you guys haven't had someone buy equipment for you yet. Just a few good tips and tricks and I guarantee you guys will have the money you need.

Like I was telling him, you have to present potential sponsors with a printed, detailed sheet of your expenses and cost breakdown to put on an event to get them to understand your legitimacy and true costs.

If Beech will charge you $700.00 for timing, have them fax you an invoice or list of fees on letterhead. Keep it in your folder.
List the timing fee as $850.00 ($150.00 to pay for an MC and amp).
Show them the 1 line cost. If they question it, break out the invoice.

I'm not telling you to stack the paper on their desk...but you have to see the proposals of events like 5k's to understand how much detail you have to go to.

The first page is always an intro sheet, usually your event flyer with the SPONSORS from that race PROMINENTLY placed.
Next:
Sponsorship levels (Props to AJ Nidek for teaching me this one)
Title
Platinum
Gold
Silver
Bronze
Product in Kind

Next to each level - $ Dollar amount! Start with $1000.00 for Title
Platinum - $500.00 &/or Matching Product in Kind
Gold - $500.00
Silver - $300.00
Bronze - $ 150.00
Product in Kind - Minimum - $250.00 WHOLESALE VALUE (don't let them give you $250.00 retail value)

Call past sponsors and get each to write a referral, 2-3 sentences and attach a Referrals page on the end (put the company's LOGO next to each company name). Remember...everything you do isnd BRANDING!
Rehab centers (God knows you guys have your own frequent flyer account there)
Beverage distributors (Red Bull might seem cool...but Pepsi and Coke pay MONEY and PRODUCT for sponsorship).

PEACE
Butch

hardtailpride

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
Thanks for everyone one who came out and raced!:clapping:

We are seriously looking at having a three race winter series.

That being said what changes or new obstacles would everyone like to see out on the trail?
Possbilities include building a second DH trail or Mutiple split lines off of the current trail.
Please be specific and resonable with ideas; as things we dont have are steeps and major rocky areas.
Things we will have are bobcat power and good old Clemson Freeride workmanship.

Thanks again and all comments are welcome.:lighten:

Trail Manager.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Thanks for everyone one who came out and raced!:clapping:

We are seriously looking at having a three race winter series.

That being said what changes or new obstacles would everyone like to see out on the trail?
Possbilities include building a second DH trail or Mutiple split lines off of the current trail.
Please be specific and resonable with ideas; as things we dont have are steeps and major rocky areas.
Things we will have are bobcat power and good old Clemson Freeride workmanship.

Thanks again and all comments are welcome.:lighten:

Trail Manager.

One thing you can always add is little rollers on the exits of some of the berms to "pop" you out of the berms.

A second trail would be pretty damn cool. It could weave and intertwine with the existing trail and then just tape off sections to make variations for each race. We had an old one there that it looks like you guys found pieces of....but it ate up alot of elevation quick.

Oh...and a huge step up would be cool...heh....

lukedogg

Chimp
Nov 24, 2005
Please...PLEASE....consult with me on how to put your proposals together and market yourselves to sponsors!!! :thumb:
After talking to Matt yesterday, I understand why you guys haven't had someone buy equipment for you yet. Just a few good tips and tricks and I guarantee you guys will have the money you need.

Like I was telling him, you have to present potential sponsors with a printed, detailed sheet of your expenses and cost breakdown to put on an event to get them to understand your legitimacy and true costs.

If Beech will charge you $700.00 for timing, have them fax you an invoice or list of fees on letterhead. Keep it in your folder.
List the timing fee as $850.00 ($150.00 to pay for an MC and amp).
Show them the 1 line cost. If they question it, break out the invoice.

I'm not telling you to stack the paper on their desk...but you have to see the proposals of events like 5k's to understand how much detail you have to go to.

The first page is always an intro sheet, usually your event flyer with the SPONSORS from that race PROMINENTLY placed.
Next:
Sponsorship levels (Props to AJ Nidek for teaching me this one)
Title
Platinum
Gold
Silver
Bronze
Product in Kind

Next to each level - $ Dollar amount! Start with $1000.00 for Title
Platinum - $500.00 &/or Matching Product in Kind
Gold - $500.00
Silver - $300.00
Bronze - $ 150.00
Product in Kind - Minimum - $250.00 WHOLESALE VALUE (don't let them give you $250.00 retail value)

Call past sponsors and get each to write a referral, 2-3 sentences and attach a Referrals page on the end (put the company's LOGO next to each company name). Remember...everything you do isnd BRANDING!
Rehab centers (God knows you guys have your own frequent flyer account there)
Beverage distributors (Red Bull might seem cool...but Pepsi and Coke pay MONEY and PRODUCT for sponsorship).

PEACE
Butch

AND TRY to start on advertised time.

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
AND TRY to start on advertised time.
True, we did not start at the time we listed.. but heres why.

1. in short, we had some issues with our timing equipment
2. we were actually being lenient and waiting for the people just showing up at the last minute so they could register and race

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Hah hah! You new to racing? :rofl:

That's like saying "We'll meet at the trailhead at 8:30 am and be riding by 9am...sweet! ":busted:
I always plan my arrival time by when I "think" the race is gonna start. Let's see, I will get there at 11, its supposed to start at 12, so I will get in 2 hours of practice before we race at 1.:clapping:

Don't pull this with Brady at Carter's though. He was all Bradylike and running like it was the military.:busted: