Quantcast

Clemson DH

Gunnar75

Chimp
May 16, 2007
I've read about the vandalism for the freeride, how are the others (DH, DS)? A couple of us are looking to ride on sunday the 27th.
Thanks

wiL

Monkey
Nov 28, 2006
Greenville, SC
Both the dual slalom course and the downhill course were spared from the vandalism. The DS is most likely still going to be pretty wet and sloppy, but the DH should be nice and tacky. We'll be out there working all day on sat and probably sunday also.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
is there a way to shuttle the dh trail? that hike gets pretty long when you've gotta push 2 bikes up the steep parts ;)
Kinda, the gate is closed for the winter but we have a key to it and I'm sure if we had a big enough group of riders one day we could organize a shuttle day. It's been done before, in fact the last big day we did that I broke my collar bone:plthumbsdown:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
steep = too steep for noah to consistently pedal up which means that i have to push his bike and mine up a long hill.
i'm not speaking windrock-ese when i say "steep" in this context ;)

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
Correction: we cant even use the gate ourselves right now because they changed out the locks. Our key still works but the lock they got sucks cause we cant just unlock it and get it off the gate. So its going to be nothing but pushing up that steep fire road until we get that sorted out. We've had plenty of shuttle days since last April too but like i said, i'm working on the gate thing right now.