Quantcast

Clemson Freeride's Annual Downhill Race: April 4th, 2009

brap081189

Chimp
Feb 26, 2009
any vids or anything yet? and i remember last time i was there i seen some dirt jumps though the woods. well they be able to hit during or after the race?

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
I am sure this has been asked before but I am a race noob. How do you determine what class to enter in to. I have DH'ed on 8 diff occassions including Snoeshoe, Sugar, Clemson, and 26West. Other than that I am all XC riding. I have the rig to do this no problem but wonder where I should place myself in the catagories? Is there a rule of thumb?

Also will there be time for practice runs before and if so how long, with there be riding afterwards?

Thanks guys!

hardtailpride

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
Practice is from sunrise till 12ish day of race. Also any days leading up to the race.

The race course is still under construction in certain parts so please be mindful when riding down the first time.

Zac

hardtailpride

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
You guys gonna have a geriatric class? 40+ maybe?
We try not to do age classes because then it leaves the different fields larger. That way we dont have everyone in the beg. 30+ on the podium because there are only 3 of them to begin with.

Plus this race isn't about racing its about have fun on your bike.

mtbman1127

Monkey
Mar 10, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Well it looks like i have to take the CPC test for school on the 4th so the date change has counted me out as well...Not too happy i was really looking forward to this one :(

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
Couple questions guys. I have a 2.5 year old. Would this event be cool for him to come to? Are there going to be a few vendors there? Is there any footage of the new course?

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
25+ mph :shocked: I have see a pic or video of this sucker. It is scaring the crap out of a couple of my friends and honestly myself. lol

Can't wait to check it out in person.

wiL

Monkey
Nov 28, 2006
Greenville, SC
we're either going to table that or make it so you can short it without serious consequence. The bridge will also be removed or replaced to reduce the sketch factor.

Zac, don't watch this.

Disclaimer: We have since removed the lip on the lander, thereby eliminating the possibility of a nose case

mtbman1127

Monkey
Mar 10, 2008
Raleigh, NC
What line are you guys going use with that new double you put in? Are you going to close off the old run into the wallride and deck the rest of the double? That thing is wicked fun though and makes that step down look easy good job guys

ridingdown

Chimp
Aug 13, 2007
So i just want to get this straight since I am an old man and will have to be at work at 9am the next day. This will be routes around all the big gaps and jumps, am I right in my understanding of this? Thanks.

wiL

Monkey
Nov 28, 2006
Greenville, SC
everything will generally be tabled....but if you and your tricked out sunday insist, I supposed you could act as if something went wrong...