Quantcast

Clemson Race in February???

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I keep hearing people talk about the February Clemson race but i can't find any info on it. i found all the talk about last year's race but nothing for 2011....can anyone confirm?

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
March 5th 2011 working on flyer
$25
Register 8 -12 race @ 1

Electronic Timing this time

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
If I could make a suggestion for the event to have a phone#, maybe assign one from Google Voice that can be routed to somebody's cell. And an email address would be great.

Am I the only one who just realized that race season is hauling arse down our throats and coming up quicker than I thought???? :weee:

collin7

Chimp
Apr 10, 2008
Clemson, SC
Any questions can be sent via email to ride@clemson.edu. We will do our best to stay on top of the emails and reply as quick as possible. Since we are still on break it's tougher keep up with it but once we're back in Clemson we will get rolling again with emails.

A side note: Brado said we will have an official timing system this year. If we can purchase one before then we absolutely will, but as it stands we still don't have one in our possession. That said, if anyone wants to send us some contact info for purchasing or renting a timing system please send that on to the email above.

Thanks so much, see ya'll March 5th!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I priced several systems and got an awesome quote for one that would be great...$6k :shocked:

That being said, Reliable Racing used to have a basic, but fantastically simple and accurate one that was wand at the top, CAT 5 cable connection and photocell at the bottom with printout for $1800.00. Google Reliable Racing and call them. Email quotes will drive you insane. I never bothered with it b/c my intent was to get it for my own timing company.

The cost inhibitive part of it was a CAT 5 cable at varying locations. It ain't cheap. But for Clemson, it would be perfect.

collin7

Chimp
Apr 10, 2008
Clemson, SC
I priced several systems and got an awesome quote for one that would be great...$6k :shocked:

That being said, Reliable Racing used to have a basic, but fantastically simple and accurate one that was wand at the top, CAT 5 cable connection and photocell at the bottom with printout for $1800.00. Google Reliable Racing and call them. Email quotes will drive you insane. I never bothered with it b/c my intent was to get it for my own timing company.

The cost inhibitive part of it was a CAT 5 cable at varying locations. It ain't cheap. But for Clemson, it would be perfect.
I appreciate the info! We are looking for an even cheaper system, if thats possible. As opposed to a start gate I was thinking a simple start clock and 30 second intervals would do at the top. An official could ensure no one jumps the start. This way no cables are needed and we can easily plug in start times to a computer. I think we are just going for a more official gate at the bottom that can more accurately capture the finish times. Know of anyone with a something like that?

mtbman1127

Monkey
Mar 10, 2008
Raleigh, NC
this event is always full of win.

just coming off of this:

so not sure if i'll be racing but definitely going be out there to support it no matter what

Last edited:

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Cecil/Matt, you guys need to help me convince Heither to enter. She's still having mental issues overcoming her Snowshoe crash and sugery. But if she could get back to how she was riding then, she'd do OK (short of hitting the new drop... I know she won't do that).

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
That won't work either Butch, she doesn't drink. Funny thing is, she wants to get back in her white water kayak but is still scared over pushing her Demo to what I can do.

Attachments