Quantcast

Clemson Shuttle road

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
A few us of have the week off and were considering hitting Clemson on Tuesday.

Does anyone know the status of the road to the bottom? We'd prefer to run shuttles vs riding/pushing backj up.

How is the trail?

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
The gate was closed the weekend before the Red Bull Race (last weekend), but they opened specifically for the event. I would imagine it's been closed again, but I haven't been back since the race.

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
The gate was closed the weekend before the Red Bull Race (last weekend), but they opened specifically for the event. I would imagine it's been closed again, but I haven't been back since the race.

yeah that gate is closed thru the Fall and Winter... never understood why though

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
so what about shuttling down the fire road that goes by the DS course and ends near the shelter...the path that the trail gap goes over. i remember seeing vehicles on it at one of the old races. is that a no-no? isn't there a way to the top of that fire road from the paved road up top?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Shuttling Clemson is like taking a hooker to dinner and a movie. No need to waste all that time when you could be riding.
Riding/walking back up is way quicker and you can get in way more runs that way.
Plus, its good for you.
Do it for America, we need the excercise.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Shuttling Clemson is like taking a hooker to dinner and a movie. No need to waste all that time when you could be riding.
Riding/walking back up is way quicker and you can get in way more runs that way.
Plus, its good for you.
you've obviously never walked/ridden back up while watching a 4' tall/65lb kid trying to push a 40lb bike ;) it's a character building exercise :D

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
you've obviously never walked/ridden back up while watching a 4' tall/65lb kid trying to push a 40lb bike ;) it's a character building exercise :D
True.
But Noah is a rock star. He should have someone else carry his bike up the hill, while holding a umbrella over his head to block the sun. Brian Lopes style. ;)

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Plus, its good for you.
This.

No vehicles on that fireroad please.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
i remember seeing vehicles on it at one of the old races. is that a no-no? isn't there a way to the top of that fire road from the paved road up top?
You have me to blame for that. Driving a truck up the fireroad, even a V8 lifted 4x4, was 10x the hassle of just pushing/riding to the top. And the push back up give you time to stretch out your legs so you can be faster on your next run down.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
You have me to blame for that. Driving a truck up the fireroad, even a V8 lifted 4x4, was 10x the hassle of just pushing/riding to the top. And the push back up give you time to stretch out your legs so you can be faster on your next run down.
i guess you've never seen me rock my suby over some nasty terrain ;) the shuttle road at the '07 Wolf Ridge course was nothin' for my green lesbian beast!

but yeah....we'll hoof it back up. if i recall, the hike back up wasn't as bad at this year's spring race as it was, or seemed, a few years back. i think there was a shortcut back through the woods to the upper part of the trail.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Was that the race you tried to become a rally driver up the service road with two bikes on the roof and you bent your rack all up?
"tried to become"!!! what is this nonsense! i was ken block that day! and yes, i bent the crossbar on my rack that day as well as nearly driving us to our death over a cliff when i miscalculated the drift. the rack has since been repaired with 2 pieces of 1/4" flat rebar and a ton of jb weld :D

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
"tried to become"!!! what is this nonsense! i was ken block that day! and yes, i bent the crossbar on my rack that day as well as nearly driving us to our death over a cliff when i miscalculated the drift. the rack has since been repaired with 2 pieces of 1/4" flat rebar and a ton of jb weld :D
Remember when you were being a rally car driver at the Wilkesboro DS track and your car fell apart??? :D You have a bad rally driving record. haha