Quantcast

Clemson Spring DH Race - Feb. 27th

hardtailpride

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
Clemson Freeride Spring Downhill Race !!!!

Thanks for the artwork Brad!

Course will be the same as last year.
But as always expect some awesome changes here and there.

Event will be held rain or shine.

Chainless run will follow the exact same course.

Bar humps will be judged only in race runs.

Check out this video from our Fall collegiate race for a better idea of
what the course entails.

http://www.zfhproductions.com/movies/Clemson_DH.html

Thanks to ZFH Productions for the video

Last edited:

hardtailpride

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
That last course was so fun, there is no way to make it better unless they installed a lift and heated showers. Good on you!
Changes are being made to lessen pedaling sections and bring old features up to higher standards (bigger landers). So yea it should be better.

wiL

Monkey
Nov 28, 2006
Greenville, SC
We are now accepting sponsor proposals. Any help is much appreciated and we can offer advertising space on the race flyer, at the race itself, on our website, and a general feeling of generosity. We also have an IRS nonprofit ID # so you can write any donation off as a charitable/nonprofit donation.

Please send all inquires to: ride@clemson.edu

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
there's no camping at Issaqueena , and all of the campgrounds in and around Hartwell lake are closed to April or May.

Paris Mt.State park has camping, but thats 25 miles away... Tablerock SP has camping but that too is a good distance from Issaqueena.

hardtailpride

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
We have been doing some digging and updating.

Jump before the really big one, is now well really big too.

Rollers before the 3 jumps.

New jump after wooden A frame. No bridge well be added, it can be rolled if you don't want to double.

All of these additions will be in the race course and were done to boost speed at slow spots and eliminate pedaling.

Last edited:

bullitridden

Chimp
Nov 26, 2006
Met 2 of you yesterday (Thurs 1/28) (BAD W/ names here - 1 was the guy pictured in the first photo w/ the gray tshirt; the other was on a green hard-tail Transition) REALLY impressed w/ your efforts men. We are gonna get back w/ you re: the "discussion" we had & look fwd. to the race(s) comin up. If this was here when I was in school (@ Climpson of course), I woulda failed some classes to stay a few (or more :) extra semesters :D GOOD to meet you two we'll all BIT soon... traded my 04 Boxxer last night for a 08 Domain & FINALLY GOT the floater installed on my Bullit. We'll see if it "changes" things & my broke (now healing we hope) hand appreciates it as my upper body does now...

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Met 2 of you yesterday (Thurs 1/28) (BAD W/ names here - 1 was the guy pictured in the first photo w/ the gray tshirt; the other was on a green hard-tail Transition) REALLY impressed w/ your efforts men. We are gonna get back w/ you re: the "discussion" we had & look fwd. to the race(s) comin up. If this was here when I was in school (@ Climpson of course), I woulda failed some classes to stay a few (or more :) extra semesters :D GOOD to meet you two we'll all BIT soon... traded my 04 Boxxer last night for a 08 Domain & FINALLY GOT the floater installed on my Bullit. We'll see if it "changes" things & my broke (now healing we hope) hand appreciates it as my upper body does now...
I hope this is a joke. :confused:

racer661

Chimp
Oct 31, 2007
I hate to tute my own horn, but i do have to say that is one bad ass bar hump on the flyer lol :) shows how awsome this race is going to be!!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
if any of you local clemson crazies have some couch space for me and noah friday night before the race i'd be most stoked. hopefully he won't bag on your room mates too bad this time :rofl: "noah..give me the controller you little elf" "get your own you fat elf!" :rofl:

pm me if you're down...

Crashtest

Chimp
Jan 26, 2010
I rode out there....looks good. Almost hit that large gap where the tables going to built accidently, not paying attention and alittle fast.
What other plans for the course? anything for the lower half?