Quantcast

Clemson Spring DH Race - Feb. 27th

Jay13

Chimp
Jul 6, 2008
Orlando
Hey me and a few friends are driving up for the race but are looking for options for riding Sunday too. I know Paris Mt is close, anyone know how that's looking or other options in the area ( or not too far away...) Thanks for any info.

cmscheip

Chimp
Mar 1, 2009
Who's running a hardtail out there? And do you think it will be faster? With the old features (moto table, smooth berms, etc) and the new roller section, I am thinking the DH bike and dual crown is NOT for that course....

mtbman1127

Monkey
Mar 10, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I am going to be rockin my new DH bike mostly because i have not been able to ride it yet. However a 6" travel bike is ideal out there and a hardtail defiantly would not be a hindrance. In reality there is only "one" little rocky root section at the end which you can still move through pretty quick. I used my hardtail a lot out there when my fully was broken. As long as you have a good fork you should defiantly be fine. I have an argyle on my bike which was not ideal and you get some arm pump but it works. My buddy is going to be racing my hardtail so you won't be alone.

KFC

Chimp
Jan 3, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Man I can't wait to get down there. Me and some buddies are going to try to ride the course and help out some this coming Thursday.

If I can only come for one night race weekend which one should I choose? (ie which has the better party).

Crashtest

Chimp
Jan 26, 2010
Anybody riding out there this saturday???
I rode out there today, due to the freeze/thaw its kinda mucky.
I hope its no big deal, I built up the creek gap alittle. I got tired of casing my tire on the other side.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I think I saw that in your moms closet last weekend, do you think she would let me borrow it? Come to think of it, I don't know how she could say no to me after last weekend.

:thumb:
She did mention it was great going shopping with someone who finally had the same taste in men. And that this time around, you can play pitcher:thumb: instead of catcher.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Don't forget to sport the denim frond jacket.:thumb:

wow..denim camel toe...who wouldathunkit ;)

i might be bringing a couple coworkers with me to race...guys that i work with and train. this would be their first race and they are true beginners. will there be go arounds for any gap jumps that they may not feel comfortable hitting? it looked like a go-around route was taped off in the zfh productions video...will this still be the case?

Last edited:

kiponga

Chimp
Oct 17, 2009
So I was wanting to get out this next weekend before the race and was wondering if the tracks going to be to sloppy and ****ty from all of the rain, and snow?

Crashtest

Chimp
Jan 26, 2010
It looks like it should be dry for the rest of the week. wyff.com
but you know how that goes it changes from day to day. But if the dry weather holds it should be good this weekend. I will ride out there possibly thursday I will let ya know how it looks.

wiL

Monkey
Nov 28, 2006
Greenville, SC
The track has held up decently well considering all of the melting snow/ recent rain thanks to our primo red clay. In fact, it could rain the morning before the race and still make for quality conditions come later in the day. I think it was two years ago that it poured rain the night and morning before the race and the track ended up being perfect come race time.

This is going to be one of our best race courses yet with new features making the track less pedally, more flowy, and better overall.

Most all of the features will be bridged and/or rollable, so shake off that cabin fever and come on out to start a great season of racing in the dirty south off right.

Red Bull will be there in full force.

Last edited:

KFC

Chimp
Jan 3, 2010
Charlotte, NC
It looks like it should be dry for the rest of the week. wyff.com
but you know how that goes it changes from day to day. But if the dry weather holds it should be good this weekend. I will ride out there possibly thursday I will let ya know how it looks.
Looks like me and a couple other guys are going to make the drive down tomorrow (Thurs). We'll probably get there around 10am and ride til about 3:30pm. Hope to see you out there. We're also willing to help move some lumber if it still needs moving.

Sanders

Crashtest

Chimp
Jan 26, 2010
Looks like me and a couple other guys are going to make the drive down tomorrow (Thurs). We'll probably get there around 10am and ride til about 3:30pm. Hope to see you out there. We're also willing to help move some lumber if it still needs moving.

Sanders
See ya then...Im usually out there around 9 and ride till noon. anyone riding this saturday??

kiponga

Chimp
Oct 17, 2009
As far as I know me and a couple other people should be coming out on saturday. So if you could post the track conditions up here like you said you could earlier, that would be great.:mamba:

siege

Monkey
Sep 30, 2006
kapolei, Hi
Is there anyone who is up for letting someone camp in their yard/driveway in the area? I would like to come up for a weekend sesh and also the race. Any help? I pay in PBR :).
CJ
Columbus, GA

Crashtest

Chimp
Jan 26, 2010
Anybody have training wheels???
Im blaming the course today....cased the road gap twice and slammed into a tree coming up to the big table.
The course is supper slick due to the freeze/thaw hopefully this weather will dry some of it up. Think it will be alot better saturday.

hardtailpride

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
This Saturday is our club last big push to have the track in perfect shape for the race.

That said please be careful when riding saturday. There will be people working on different parts of hte course. Also please stay of any feature that is not packed our wet. The weather looks like it will hold out for our race, so if we can get everything smoothed and perfect come race day, everyone will be in berm and jump heaven.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Anybody have training wheels???
Im blaming the course today....cased the road gap twice and slammed into a tree coming up to the big table.
The course is supper slick due to the freeze/thaw hopefully this weather will dry some of it up. Think it will be alot better saturday.
sounds like time to break out the Calcium chloride. Dude put some on the faces of the swannanoa jumps years ago and there were rubber marks on the faces in a matter of days. :rofl:

greengreer

Monkey
Apr 27, 2008
NC
anybody want to split a KOA cabin with me and noah nearby in anderson? they're about $45 for the night and sleep 4. just trying to cut down on cost.
Hey Manimal, when are you going down there? I was hoping to go early friday to be able to ride some, but I am pretty flexible. Also if you are wanting to carpool, I got a big a$$ van with room for a couple folks and bikes/gear. I am in G-boro btw. I think I met you out at the Dirty Bird race in august.
Let me know, the place I was gonna stay just crapped out...
-Nick

clippedin

Chimp
Feb 21, 2010
hey is the creek gap part of the race course or does it end before that? It would seem that the go around route would be way to out of the way for some novice racers.

Crashtest

Chimp
Jan 26, 2010
Creek gap is in...after that will be the finish. There is a brigde to go around, its a time penalty thing, if you don't hit it. Thats what I was told. Makes sense to me. Same way at the road gap, cost ya time to go around

mtbman1127

Monkey
Mar 10, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Creek gap is in...after that will be the finish. There is a brigde to go around, its a time penalty thing, if you don't hit it. Thats what I was told. Makes sense to me. Same way at the road gap, cost ya time to go around
Yeah everytime i have race there the creek gaps in. I like the time penalties to go around it gives the better riders something since anyone can cruse over a bridged gap. I miss when the "stepdown/booter" thing wasn't bridged right before the road gap...now that was a scary/rewarding jump :D

Mr.Flannery

Chimp
Jan 27, 2007
Greenville, SC
I know this could be a hassle, but does anyone have a generator they wouldn't mind bringing out there? I haven't found one yet, and I have some Alienbees flash units I'd like to get some shots with.