Quantcast

Clemson Spring DH Race - Feb. 27th

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Holy smokes, everyone. Settle down. The B52 guy was pissed off, lost his temper, then basically apologized. I don't think he ever mentioned he was looking for 'glory' or 'fame', just a semi-accurate time for his run. Considering it was advertised as a 'race', I think that's a reasonable request. While I agree that the tone of his initial rant was out of line, coming back at him with name-calling and the like just takes everyone down to that level.

I don't think anyone who showed up there thinking it was a World Cup event, but without any results it does kind of defeat the whole purpose of 'racing'.

I'm sure we'll all be happier once the results get posted up and we can at least get some sense of how we stacked up against the competition. In the meantime, cheers to great weather, a good crowd, and an awesome track.

--JP

deadlink404

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
DAANG leave it to cory to flip **** on someone! lol just kiddin buddy:D. So what about the times I mean yea I am a little bummed bout not knowing what I placed but times will be posted soon. All seriousness, this past weekend was the most fun I've had on a bike ever! Got me pumped for the rest of the season. I'm just glad im going home without a broken back. Oh yea if anyone got some pictures of #37 and mabe by chance some one got a picture of my nastiest crash ever? i was on white/red trek with orange shirt. They guy that ate **** right before the wall ride:rofl:
haha yeah clayton go ahead and kill yourself. to bad i didnt get to witness the crash but from the looks of your back, brutal. i think everyone is waiting on ridemonkey right now waiting for them to post the times. Impatient people Oh lawdyy.;)

10.101RS

Chimp
Mar 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
No joke, immediately after i really did believe it could have been broken. Pressure suit is deffinatly going into the bike budget this year haha. Mabe some insurance too...

LambMan

Chimp
Jul 13, 2009
ATL
Holy smokes, everyone. Settle down. The B52 guy was pissed off, lost his temper, then basically apologized. I don't think he ever mentioned he was looking for 'glory' or 'fame', just a semi-accurate time for his run. Considering it was advertised as a 'race', I think that's a reasonable request. While I agree that the tone of his initial rant was out of line, coming back at him with name-calling and the like just takes everyone down to that level.

I don't think anyone who showed up there thinking it was a World Cup event, but without any results it does kind of defeat the whole purpose of 'racing'.

I'm sure we'll all be happier once the results get posted up and we can at least get some sense of how we stacked up against the competition. In the meantime, cheers to great weather, a good crowd, and an awesome track.

--JP
+1 on that

That guy may have been out of line in his tone but you guys are the ones that seem like a**holes if you have to resort to name calling. Grow up. Still had a good time personally though.

deadlink404

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
oh...duh...well, nice to meet you then. now i know who to look for at the lake when it's dry/thawed enough to dig :D
Im always down for some salem building ;)

And man i have to say that shirtless cape run was epic, especially with the yeah on the back:rofl:

deadlink404

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
For sure, just need to go out there one day and build it all up and hit it that day.

But lets not forget this is the clemson thread :P

Values and morals are a big part of any club, especially ours. This is being posted not to get back at anyone or to cause any more unnecessary drama. This is being posted to clear up what has been said on here, as well as what went on this past Saturday.

We want to thank everyone who did come out to enjoy the race. It was a huge deal in the lives of all of those in the club and we are proud of what we did. As with any event ever, there needed to be an evaluation made. Things could have gone better this past Saturday, for example the timing. However, there were a lot of great things that happened. We never promised anyone an absolutely perfect race, but we did a great job of putting on the event start to finish and a lot of people had a great time. From the first time this race has been put on until this past Saturday, a lot of progress has been made. Even though this race was put on in a fantastic way, it was put on by a group of college students. Passionate college students put the event together from start to finish. This is not something that is taken lightly.

There is a major at Clemson University specifically for event planning, yet the students who put this on were merely a group of hard working passionate young adults, none of whom are currently perusing this major. Some people spend their whole lives perfecting tasks such as this race we had, however we only have our past experiences and our hard work to help us. No one was paid to work this race. Individual effort was made by caring and motivated college students. We realize that the race was not perfect. As much as we desire to have the best timing systems, we do not have the money to buy them. We did the best we could with what we had on Saturday. Individuals who are in the club helped that day, and for the past few months, on this race not only for them to enjoy the race, but for everyone involved to have a great time. There is clearly conflict surrounding the timing, and we apologize for our lack of better equipment and the untimely results.

As for the final results, they will be posted as soon as we have the specific times that are correct. We do not want to post something online that we are not going to back one hundred percent.

We have learned from this year’s race and will try our hardest to prepare and execute this better in the future. The bottom line that should clear up every conflict that has been brought up, is that this was clearly a race that was hosted and put on by a Clemson University club. No website, article, or person ever should have said that it was a professionally designed and organized event that would showcase the year-round work of professionals. This was a race that was put on by passionate, extremely caring individuals, some who even sacrificed their own racing.

Everyone who was involved with the race and the execution of it needs to be thanked. So a huge part of this needs to be a thank you to those who did actually sacrifice much of their last year at Clemson University to work as hard as they could to make the race day even possible. Many people show up at these races and have never actually put one on themselves, so they do not comprehend the difficulties associated with every detail or how much work goes into that one day from start to finish. Thank you to everyone who gave it their all. Thank you to those who came out on the cold days in February and dug holes in the ground so that the course looked and rode perfectly. Thank you to those who called companies, organized paperwork, and stayed up many nights to make sure that the race went as well as it did. Thank you to those who stayed after the race to help clean up trash and course tape. Thank you to those who did work hard to make this a memorable, wonderful day for many of the participants.

Any other concerns can be emailed to ride@clemson.edu. Further negatively oriented posts on this website will not be addressed.

-Clemson Freeride

TomB

Chimp
Oct 22, 2009
Great race,
Appreciate all the hard work that has gone into and after the event. 160 folks showing up is awesom. I'll be back next year.

cmscheip

Chimp
Mar 1, 2009
Who got the pic of me doing a superflip over the rollers? #143...

great time, like always and it sure got me excited for this summer and all the good racing to be had in the Southeast!!

wiL

Monkey
Nov 28, 2006
Greenville, SC
Below are the corrected results with most of the discrepancies worked out. Dave is still working on some of the issues and reinserting the original start times from Saturday. We will be contacting the winners that were not rewarded at the race via email addresses that were provided upon registration for mailing addresses so you can get your swag. Please email us at ride@clemson.edu to expedite this process. We apologize tremendously for not being able to reward you as deserved at the race.

Pro/Expert:

Sport Men:

Beginner Men:

Youth and Women:

Note: Cheap race or not, there is no excuse for not being able to provide you with an accurate time and we sincerely apologize if you were affected by our errors. Please send all inquiries to ride@clemson.edu with concerns and we will do what we can to continue to garner your support.

Thank you for your understanding in the matter and we hope to see you back next year.

Last edited:

10.101RS

Chimp
Mar 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
heck yea, THIRD place! Jimmy you got my prizes lol. Its no big deal but anyway there will be corrections on the prizes? And how bout them pro's! they where killin it!!! NICE JOB JIMMY, Nigga you got 1st!!

diesel843

Chimp
Mar 2, 2010
All right-

Since our timer has been working on schoolwork nonstop, we had someone else work on correcting errors. Since we have verified a few more mistakes in Sport class, I will be manually calculating each rider and time. We have the raw data outside of the excel spreadsheet. This will probably take some time, so we appreciate your patience.

Everyone that is officially on a podium will get their prize. Our sponsors did a great job of helping us out this year and we will manage this professionally.

We are working to the best of our ability here! There were 13 ghost riders in sport and two incidences of people passing each other without notifying the finish judges. We had to piece this together on our own.

Keep in mind that we run our race with professionalism in mind- nobody sees the sponsor emails, the follow up calls, working with the university for licensing, gaining special event permission, funding meetings, countless club meetings, organization for race day, taping the course, BUILDING the course, creating our own timing system, paperwork, and the like. Literally, we did everything perfect except a few times on a sheet. We just ask that you understand our situation, and ask for your patience.

This is not to say your time for the race is not important to us- IT IS! We do all this because we love shredding and want others to have an opportunity to shred. So, with all that in mind, we are not giving up and saying "screw it" to your time. We will get it right.

Thanks, and ride hard!

deadlink404

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
All right-

Since our timer has been working on schoolwork nonstop, we had someone else work on correcting errors. Since we have verified a few more mistakes in Sport class, I will be manually calculating each rider and time. We have the raw data outside of the excel spreadsheet. This will probably take some time, so we appreciate your patience.

Everyone that is officially on a podium will get their prize. Our sponsors did a great job of helping us out this year and we will manage this professionally.

We are working to the best of our ability here! There were 13 ghost riders in sport and two incidences of people passing each other without notifying the finish judges. We had to piece this together on our own.

Keep in mind that we run our race with professionalism in mind- nobody sees the sponsor emails, the follow up calls, working with the university for licensing, gaining special event permission, funding meetings, countless club meetings, organization for race day, taping the course, BUILDING the course, creating our own timing system, paperwork, and the like. Literally, we did everything perfect except a few times on a sheet. We just ask that you understand our situation, and ask for your patience.

This is not to say your time for the race is not important to us- IT IS! We do all this because we love shredding and want others to have an opportunity to shred. So, with all that in mind, we are not giving up and saying "screw it" to your time. We will get it right.

Thanks, and ride hard!

And thats why i would like to thank everyone that put the race together for making it a fantastic time and a killer course!!!

Cant wait till there is another race, For sure will attend every event if possible!

nabecket

Chimp
Mar 2, 2010
does anyone have pictures of #144. i know i saw a bunch of flashes, would love to see what they came up with. and btw, excellent job clemson on the new course features, they were excellent.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
162 racers!!! Holy crap, good thing I wasn't there doing timing. I thought my head was going to explode when i did timing for the first race with 58 racers. Huge props to all the guys in the club. Putting on a race is hard, putting on a race in SC with 162 racers when everyone in the club is also a full time college student at a major university is exponentially harder.