Quantcast

Clemson Spring DH Race - Feb. 27th

NCrider5

Chimp
Jul 9, 2008
Asheville NC
It shows me going 7 seconds slower on my second run (#75). thought i did better my second so that cant be right, dont mean to be a dick about it if im coming off that way, just wondering how i might be able to make sense of a possible error?

RTaylor

Chimp
Mar 30, 2009
Historical evidence suggests:

Let's see - 5 seconds off Gerritt's pace on a 1:30 track. Right. That means...

10 seconds off Gerritt's pace on a 3:00 track. Right. That means...

20 seconds off Gerritt's pace at Snowshoe. Damn Right. That means...

Yep, the timing system was accurate for me for sure!

Thanks for getting everything straightened out.

wiL

Monkey
Nov 28, 2006
Greenville, SC
It shows me going 7 seconds slower on my second run (#75). thought i did better my second so that cant be right, dont mean to be a dick about it if im coming off that way, just wondering how i might be able to make sense of a possible error?
Hey man, Dave is still working on sorting out the sport class errors. E-Mail us @ ride@clemson.edu with your info. It might be that when the numbers were reinserted your times were switched, but he'll look into it.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for the mishap. You guys deserve better and we'll do our best to get it sorted.

wako29

Chimp
Jan 29, 2010
so....there were about 20 photogs spaced out down the course and only about 3 have posted any pics........

who's holding out?! ;)
I have TONS of pics of you and Noah. Check them out at the link I posted above, and be sure to e-mail me if you want the originals

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
my pictures from the race:

http://picasaweb.google.com/114980790961755314342/ClemsonDH2010?authkey=Gv1sRgCKiZk6nTw9fRqQE&feat=directlink

E-mail me at roycebreckon@yahoo.com if you want the original pictures, as each had to be cropped. Also, it looks like all the pictures look worse on the picasa site than on my computer, but at least it let you know if I got ya or not
:rofl: thanks man! those are hilarious...i dig the one where you can see the crowd behind me smiling with delight at the sight of my rad back hair :D

coreywillard

Chimp
Sep 19, 2009
Winston-salem N.C
i hope that yall still do another race next year even after all the timing problems. i dont mind waiting to see times. i still had a great time at the race and hope to race there again

payjota

Chimp
May 28, 2008
Does anyone have any pics of rider 41 who went down on the second run of the day on the second table top?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus

Ahahaha, Tubby, sweet 6-pack.
THIS..IS...near...SPARTAnburg!!!

Dang Brandon, look at the poor rear tire.
i know!... and that was with 45psi!

i would have knocked off about 4-5 seconds on that 2nd run had my chain not ghost-shifted coming up to the road gap. i had to slam on brakes, back up, and go around the jump... friggin SRAM XO ;)

Last edited:

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
great race, great pictures, great atmosphere. loved everything about it and cant wait for the next one. ive been freeriding and riding downhill for a couple years now and this was my first race and i must say i was very nervous, especially for not seeing the course until the day of the race and only getting 2 practice runs, but i ended up having a blast. most fun i have had in a long time. i look forward to seeing everyone out there next year, and i will be making a trip up there to ride as often as possible. thanks everybody!

wiL

Monkey
Nov 28, 2006
Greenville, SC
Dave was able to go back through the sport times with his hand notes to correct the and we'll have the finalized times up on the website soon. thanks again for everyone's support and patience.

Keep the pics coming!