Quantcast

Clemson

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
Hey guys, any word on a DH at Clemson? Kinda looking like it would be the only thing in the south. How 'bout a series? I would be down to help out, anybody else? Anyways you guys have a great course and I look forward to riding it again. Thanks for all the hard work:cheers:

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Clemson won't be the only thing in the South. Carters Lake in Ellijay GA
Has a couple dates scheduled already. Short but, sweet and more DH bike
oriented. Hopefully Windrock is going to come through with a race also.
There will also be a couple slaloms come spring if you're into that.
Last year it looked as if nothing were on the board for the SE, then late
spring all kinds of action popped up. The hardcore will provide, be patient
and keep an ear out. LOL

hardtailpride

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
Metal Dude,

Could you PM me or post some of your possible dates just so we dont end up schduling on the same or close weekends!

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
Alright heres a little info leak for everyone. Race #1 will be March 8, 2008. There is very good potential of us hosting another race in late April as well. FYI, we might decide to change up the race route a little this year but we've got a while to decide that. Anyway we've been putting in a good bit of work and arent slowing down any time soon. If you have any more questions feel free to post up on our forum on here or email us at ride@clemson.edu
Here is a temporary flyer:

***This flyer has been edited and will be as updates come. It is the official race flyer.***

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
I think we're most likely just going to keep that date for dh and have a completely separate ds race. Thats not definite but just my guess for now.

natedog733

Chimp
Jan 17, 2008
I made this poster cause i was bored. I saw the one above and gave my own twist to it. I came out and rode the dh trail a while back and it was awesome. It was really wet so I only rode it a couple of times b/c i didn't want to mess up the trail.
Here it is: tell me what you think and thanks for the sweet trails

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Kool I know it's alot to handle in one day. Might not be a bad idea for DH on Sat. DS on Sun.

Then it's all in one trip for the people who drive far, and put the DS on early and everyone can get back before late. Just a thought.

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
A little fyi. i am deeming myself the "Official" flyer poster for this race. make sure its my flyer for accuracy of info cause i'll update it as things change.

Metal, we want to steer clear of all Sunday races if at all possible. Church is a conflict for some riders so we dont want to take that from them and Saturday is just such a better race day in general. Not saying there definitely wont be a dual, its just still under consideration.

Atomic, single ply will be fine. The nastiest thing you'll go over would potentially be a rock garden which you'll be fine with, unless you just case something.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I made this poster cause i was bored. I saw the one above and gave my own twist to it. I came out and rode the dh trail a while back and it was awesome. It was really wet so I only rode it a couple of times b/c i didn't want to mess up the trail.
I like your poster. But Im in the pic, so Im kinda biased :thumb:

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
Looks like someone threw poo all over it :D