Quantcast

clerks II...worth going to see?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
It's a Kevin Smith movie, so NO, it's likely NOT worth going to see. Im going to go out on a limb and say there will be too many LAME pop culture arguments, cameos, and lack of a plot to complement the terrible acting and stupid story line.

Kevin Smith = Overrated by FAR.

Save your cash for bike parts and flies.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
If you're a Kevin Smith fan then YES, it's worth it. It wraps up the New Jersey stories well and answers lingering questions that the fan-boys have about Dante, and Randall.

If you think Kevin Smith is just OK, but not great then save your money.

I am a Kevin Smith fan... I liked all his films for various reasons. (Except Jersey Girl... that doesn't count) and while I will buy the DVD and watch it a million times I won't pay to see Clerks 2 again. I liked it, but if I am spending 10 bucks to see a movie than I am going to see something else that I haven't seen.

And BS, is there ANYTHING that you think DOESN'T suck, or isn't overrated? :p

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ciaran said:
And BS, is there ANYTHING that you think DOESN'T suck, or isn't overrated? :p
mountain biking.

As far as movies go though, I like alot of stuff, but I dont subscribe to one particular writer or director though. Just like the 1st Austin powers was funny, so was the first Clerks. After a while, the Star Wars debates, gay jokes by jay and ben affleck cameos start to wear on me. Call me crazy tho.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
its ok, if you have a dollar theater near you. maybe wait till then. i won some free tickets to see it. definitely happy i didn't have to pay for it.
but it was pretty funny in some parts

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
BurlyShirley said:
mountain biking.

As far as movies go though, I like alot of stuff, but I dont subscribe to one particular writer or director though. Just like the 1st Austin powers was funny, so was the first Clerks. After a while, the Star Wars debates, gay jokes by jay and ben affleck cameos start to wear on me. Call me crazy tho.
I hear ya. While watching Clerks 2 I did roll my eyes at some of the lame gay jokes and such that were used for the umpteenth time. Some of the material did seem to be "played out".

Now maybe if he put the Peter Pan guy in the movie... then it would be livened up AND you'd want to see it! ;)

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
BurlyShirley said:
mountain biking.

but you arre basing your opinion of clerks 2 on crlerks one which is unfair since it was 12 years ago when that movie came out.

just got back a little while ago from seeing it matinee time.....FUNNY AS HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!

the first half is funnier than the second (which it is still waaay funny)because there is a plot to this one.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Ciaran said:
I hear ya. While watching Clerks 2 I did roll my eyes at some of the lame gay jokes and such that were used for the umpteenth time. Some of the material did seem to be "played out".
:stupid:

but the Anne Frank/Helen Keller and the Pillow Pants bits were pure gold

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
After Jay and Silent Bob strike back and jersey girl, my expectations for this movie were pretty low. That may have helped my opinion, but I thought Clerks II was a good return to form for kevin smith and overall was pretty good. The Randall/Dante agruments were a bit tiresome in that they sounded exactly the same as they did in Clerks I.

PS- It was worth 7.50 to watch rosario dawson dance.