Quantcast

Cleveland Nat'l Forest news-

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
The sky was orange this morning - pretty spooky - does anyone have any news on this? houses threatened?

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I grew up in the neighborhood being threatened, right next to Santiago Oaks. They've been evacuated, but it looks like the fire fighters will get it under control as long as teh wind doesn't do something crazy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
Good - the news is just reporting that 1,200 people have been evacuated - I wasn't sure where that was.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
i tried to go up sky line today for some pics and got shut down...i looked up from the bottom and it was close to the top of the dh. i think the wind has shifted now so i don't think the dh burned...but i guess it had jumed the 241 to the north side so they evacuated a bunch of people.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
As of last night it hadnt jumped the 241, but it was super close, I heard something about blackstar canyon, maybe that it burnt! Id love to go take some photos of it but its too far.

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
merrrrjig said:
As of last night it hadnt jumped the 241, but it was super close, I heard something about blackstar canyon, maybe that it burnt! Id love to go take some photos of it but its too far.

It has not jumped the 241. There were some spots small spots where the fire jumped the 241 but were quickly put out. Fire started somewhere in Fremont Canyon. Looks like it is burning more towards the 91 more than towards Orange.

mtnbikej

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
merrrrjig said:
i was just going off what the ranger that stopped me said.
i wish that thing would burn the sky line dh that thing is so over grown and could use a couple new lines...the old ones are tired and rutted out and need a break.