Quantcast

clicking brake

blkmrkt91

Monkey
Nov 25, 2006
stanford, CA
ok so i just bought an 08 hope mono mini from: http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=15133&category=26
so ive mounted it according to its instructions and ive tightened down the torque bolts for the rotor with the rotor in the right spinning direction. when i brake, and i rock back and forth and im just sitting there not moving forward or back the brake clicks each time i rock. ive check the torque bolts, tightened the hub. could it be the "floating rotor"? i have no idea whats making the sound. thanks guys

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
it sounds like its just your pads rubbing on the rotor. since they are new, they tend to do that because they are not broken in. it should go away. i think whats happening is that everytime you rock, they slip just a tiny little bit. but thats just my theory.

blkmrkt91

Monkey
Nov 25, 2006
stanford, CA
hmmmmmmm... i kinda figured it out. the bar that holds the pads and the clip holding that pads moves back and forth making a clicking sound... looks like i maybe have to send it back -_-

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
You don't have to send anything back. Your brakes are fine. There is a little bit of play and what you hear is the pads moving fore and aft within the caliper body. You will find this on every disc brake made. It will not cause a problem. The only time it's even noticeable is when you rock back and forth which never happens while actually riding.