Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I eat pro bars instead

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I think they are getting more dense - they seem harder to chew and digest than they did originally, like they've all been sitting on the shelf too long. That may make them seem smaller for the same weight. I prefer the Mojo bars if I need to buy an energy bar, they are tastier and easier to digest.

But really, lately I'm a trail mix and beef jerkey guy.
Mojo's and shot blocks for me please

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
Put some of these in a zip-lock bag in your jersey pocket. In the event that you are racing or just too damn serious to stop, leave the bag unzipped.

This would be a good suggestion, except cookies take too much blood and oxygen to break down in your stomach. That is why Gu and Hammer Gel ect was created because they have (carbohydrates, sodium, electrolytes) in them that break down very quickly with minimal energy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This would be a good suggestion, except cookies take too much blood and oxygen to break down in your stomach. That is why Gu and Hammer Gel ect was created because they have (carbohydrates, sodium, electrolytes) in them that break down very quickly with minimal energy.
nature created something similar... called honey. Way cheaper too.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
And quite practical...you know...taking a bottle of honey on rides. :rofl:
easy trick - get a plastic sandwich baggie, squirt some in one of the bottom corners. tie a knot in the bag so its sealed off. double bag it if you're worried about leakage. During a ride, easy to tear into. or use a knife or some manner of stabby poker to have at it.

Or ya know, just eat properly prior to riding. Morning rides I have oatmeal with honey. Afternoon, I'll have a peanut butter and honey sandwich.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
what kind of bar will help me not get so damn winded that I suck air like a shop vac?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
No - those were created because someone realized weetods would pay exorbitant amounts of money for sugary goo in a little package.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
No - those were created because someone realized weetods would pay exorbitant amounts of money for sugary goo in a little package.
People actually buy those things? :confused: We must have a hundred of those packets that we've gotten for free at various events. I don't use them because they destroy my digestive system on rides.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
easy trick - get a plastic sandwich baggie, squirt some in one of the bottom corners. tie a knot in the bag so its sealed off. double bag it if you're worried about leakage. During a ride, easy to tear into. or use a knife or some manner of stabby poker to have at it.

Or ya know, just eat properly prior to riding. Morning rides I have oatmeal with honey. Afternoon, I'll have a peanut butter and honey sandwich.
Well, stinger products are honey based. I do agree though. Honey is a superb source of energy.

But to make your idea better, you can use a gel flask instead of bagging honey like crack cocaine.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I would also like to post this picture of jonKranked...

To further elaborate on this picture, jonKranked is an annoying troll cat, that has just about had it with everybody's BS. I would like to let jonKranked know that his off topic "I am more right than you are" jargon is really only tolerated amongst other troll cats that have just about had it with everybody's BS.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
OMG! The company that makes the overpriced $hit has an article on the science of how great it is! Who would have guessed?!?!? :rofl:
Having been a test monkey when they were still pro-typing the stuff, I definitely noticed the difference. I was also given a burnt batch of orange that gave me ****s for a few days. It was brutal.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Not a Clif employee (but probably could/should be at this point). Sizing hasn't change to the best of my knowledge since I've been involved with the program. Our packaging has been "revamped" and new flavors created. I'm personally a HUGE fan of Mojo bars and wish they would come in mini packs (I don't like to eat a whole bar all at once...especially when I am on the bike).

Yes, I am biased but I LOVE Clif as a company and I enjoy their products as well (though they keep cutting the ones I love the most -- oh how I long for my Crisp Apple Electrolyte).