Quantcast

Climate Change...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I lived there dude. And my spa was powered by green energy. :D
Oh my god. There is so much I want to say but but none of it is good enough. This gem doesn't deserve some off hand snarky comment, but a carefully thought out snarky comment. I am so overcome by emotion. My life suddenly has meaning.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Oh my god. There is so much I want to say but but none of it is good enough. This gem doesn't deserve some off hand snarky comment, but a carefully thought out snarky comment. I am so overcome by emotion. My life suddenly has meaning.
It’ll never be good enough. But try.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It’ll never be good enough. But try.

It is like a some self absorbed supernova of whiteness. Trying to figure out the math to see of a type 1A could be absorbed by a black hole and simultaneously be fueled from a resulting white hole.

Just a draft. No rush, it is my life's work now.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I would suggest china's CO2 reduction would almost entirely be the factories being shut by lockdowns..... I would expect emissions to jump back to where they were.
The nuclear power is coming on line too isn't it?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
kidwoo,do you have PG&E as you’re power? Does Nevada have the same Power Company? Just wondering if you could give me info on how fucked up it is? Are they going underground or upgrading any Lines? I do not have the Word’s to express how I Feel about PG&E. I get so upset I can’t think.

Avy

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
kidwoo,do you have PG&E as you’re power? Does Nevada have the same Power Company? Just wondering if you could give me info on how fucked up it is? Are they going underground or upgrading any Lines? I do not have the Word’s to express how I Feel about PG&E. I get so upset I can’t think.

Avy
There are a few smaller companies in this area specifically that own the transmission lines. They've been going apeshit reinforcing towers and clearing back timber from the lines the last few years. Funny what happens when Dianne Feinstein's 50 million dollar lakeside house gets threatened. But no I don't pay directly to PG&E for service but being in hella norcal we still get affected somewhat when they do their blackout crap. We have 3-4 main lines on the grid to pull from though, only one of them from PGE land. One of those main lines comes from Reno which isn't PGE at all. As far as I know nothing in NV is them.

There's a lot of clusterfuck going on with PGE. Gross negligence that justifies nationalization, the so called environmental industry that exists here that sues the USFS over owl habitat where trees don't exist anymore whenever someone wants to cut one near a powerline, and california air resources board restrictions that won't let them burn underbrush in the winter. But yeah, fuck PGE, but also fuck this state thats also partially responsible for the sheer scale of just how much damage PGE's incompetence can really be. PGE sucks but the state keeps helping them suck more destructively.

They're going underground in high wind/grassy areas. After years and years of whining about how expensive that would be. Funny what a few separate fines in the billions does to a balance sheet.

The state's most flammable hairdo has thoughts

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Pack
Of
Fuckwits.

A driver almost crashed on Transmission Gully after climate activists tampered with their vehicle in downtown Wellington.

Speaking of all knowing infallible honky supernovas....

The flyer said the driver would have no problem getting around without their vehicle, by walking, cycling, or using public transport.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
People think the radioactive waste is just the nuclear fuel...there's a shitload more, from primary loop piping and valves, to the clothes people wear when they service the reactor, to all sorts of stuff that this comes in contact with. Basically discussed pretty well in the article...but so many people just don't even think about it. Corrosion is also a huge deal when it comes to nuclear components.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Relevant, but have this bookmarked to read later.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

Relevant, but have this bookmarked to read later.
Good read: A lot of information pertinent to any nuclear reactor and some specific on new technology/implementation of concept/test reactors. Insight into how heavily regulated the "industry" has to be and why concept/test reactors can't just be fielded for practical purposes without further development. Also, they mention a "near miss" situation. There are quite a few of these that the general public has no idea about (also backed up by my brother, a Nuclear Engineer).

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Ooooh can be taken down to 0V with no negative effects and isn't likely to catch fire-

A lithium battery place 10km from me had a bit of a fire today and caused 50 people to be evacuated from a busy light industrial area.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Ooooh can be taken down to 0V with no negative effects and isn't likely to catch fire-

A lithium battery place 10km from me had a bit of a fire today and caused 50 people to be evacuated from a busy light industrial area.
BUT NOW WE WILL HAVE TO MINE ZINC AND TURN IN ALL OUR PENNIES!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

There are a bunch of new battery technologies that will provide significant increases in performance and safety. From what I understand the big challenge at this point is being able to manufacture them at scale.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
"...other countries will experience more critical wet-bulb temperatures in the future too, including the United States. States such as Arkansas, Missouri, and even Iowa are at risk..."

The entire South/South West of US will be prone to this in not that long. If your AC fails, that maybe a fatal event.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The entire South/South West of US will be prone to this in not that long. If your AC fails, that maybe a fatal event.
See AZ.

Going solar has a lot of benefits, but one here is that when power goes out, yours stays on. Which means the AC keeps working.