Quantcast

Climate Change...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
skateboard me would have forced myself into that job for no particular reason having to do with that second picture whatsoever

I wonder how far they'll be able to chuck those

50/50 grinds for days....

i will say one of the coolest parts of my drive up the coast of a california was parking on the side of the highway near a wind farm during the early morning traffic bs to take a nap....and getting woken up by the DOT courtesy patrol to take my nap somewhere else....

something about clouds....huge hills....and being reminded of the backside of the kyuss welcome to sky valley album...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The fact that the apparent "buying a vehicle" default in this privilaged white guy thread is new vehicles not 2nd hand speaks volumes.
coming from a guy whose countries immigration policy is basically pay to play is fucking rich....

but.....

i've never driven a new car off a lot in my life...

72 beetle...free
72 datsun station wagon...free...trade for beetle
80 vw rabbit...1500
77 FJ40....2500
85 GTI....1500
92 jetta...1500
89 GTI...500.00
65 vw beetle....1000
92 passat glx wagon 2000
85 jetta coupe...2500
00 NB...free
04 honda pilot...9000
14 jetta wagon...22k

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
depressing levels of florida remain

catches most of the coastal douches tho...
You think they'll let that prime real-estate owned by rich people just go? No way, they'll tax the poor people to build dikes!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
You think they'll let that prime real-estate owned by rich people just go? No way, they'll tax the poor people to build dikes!
Florida can’t really be seawalled because it’s basically on sand. The water will just seep under it to find equilibrium unless the seawalls are extremely, cost-prohibitingly deep.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Florida can’t really be seawalled because it’s basically on sand. The water will just seep under it to find equilibrium unless the seawalls are extremely, cost-prohibitingly deep.
dubai says "hold my..." actually those fools don't drink. Hold my slave? Hold my wallet?

either way ocean engineering has become their thing. Florida really would start building offshore jetties to protect that fat fat real estate cow. It's literally the only industry there besides depravity.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
dubai says "hold my..." actually those fools don't drink. Hold my slave? Hold my wallet?

either way ocean engineering has become their thing. Florida really would start building offshore jetties to protect that fat fat real estate cow. It's literally the only industry there besides depravity.
‘The giant seastead of Florida’. Hmm.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
This guy is good general but there are offsets and there are offsets. Some are real and worthy, but they are probably the minority at the moment. Many are indeed, bollocks.
Worth of ridicule at the stupidity maybe.

Enjoy the next NFTs

Take it from one of your fellow queensman

Reducing carbon output means reducing carbon output, not buying indulgences. Not even including the new scam economy.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Never underestimate the power of the rich people. They've yet to see a problem that can't be solved with money.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Pity they won’t just use known, existing tech to solve climate change.
This guy on MTBR:

You drive what you want...I will drive what I want! See, just like MTN bikes (mine happened to be made in China by probably slave labor and labeled with an S"). That said, in my driveway in the evening I have a total of 34 cylinders, six turbos and six cars (Two Taco's). Nothing about that is going to change. I will not have an EV unless it is a toy of a car. My changes in life will never, not ever make a dent in the big picture (and I do not care to try). I do not separate anything in my trash and I do not recycle any of the tons of trash we create at work...(well, medical waste is separated). And, I will never, not ever feel guilty about not buying into a theory that STILL can not explain why it is the glaciers melted LONG before man.

Now, who wants to go out and ride?
You think they won't fight tooth and nail? They'll raise the land up with wind turbine blades and tesla batteries before they actually try to fix the problem.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
This guy on MTBR:

You think they won't fight tooth and nail? They'll raise the land up with wind turbine blades and tesla batteries before they actually try to fix the problem.
I mean he's not wrong.

I don't know how many times I can say it but focusing on individuals and individual actions is pointless. The whole transportation, work here, live there, I should be able to travel world when I want, buy here, manufacture way over there system needs to change. That's just too uncomfortable to think about so the worse industries embark on campaigns to make you think otherwise, and make you think it's about 'living green' in your own personal life or some bullshit. Same thing happened with recycling. That whole 'do you part' thing was spearheaded by nestle/arrowhead. All it does is put the plebes at each others throats for no reason while accomplishing nothing..... creating smug assholes that fix nothing.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I mean he's not wrong.

I don't know how many times I can say it but focusing on individuals and individual actions is pointless.
Agree, BUT!! Whilst we will be in hell without systemic change, individuals also need to step up. Especially those with the means. Everyone should signal the change you want with your wallet whenever you have the chance. Especially in the US where money is essentially voting.
The whole transportation, work here, live there, I should be able to travel world when I want, buy here, manufacture way over there system needs to change. That's just too uncomfortable to think about so the worse industries embark on campaigns to make you think otherwise, and make you think it's about 'living green' in your own personal life or some bullshit. Same thing happened with recycling. That whole 'do you part' thing was spearheaded by nestle/arrowhead. All it does is put the plebes at each others throats for no reason while accomplishing nothing..... creating smug assholes that fix nothing.
It is uncomfortable, but not half as uncomfortable as /waves arms at Pakistan. Plebs at throats is true, but also not a reason to do nothing, or to pretend that people and the system are intrinsically seperate. People are the system. Don’t 1/0 it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yeah - but 'Woo is poor, so he'll have to finance, even that admittedly inexpensive car, for 30 years. Which I calculated - his monthly payment should be around $100/month with some assumptions.
the largest being that such a low payment across such a long period guarantees I will have paid the cost of a Lamborghini by the time it's paid off.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Just out of interest, in America can you not add your car to your mortgage? That’s what we do here. Low rate and low impact to monthly outgoings.