Quantcast

Climate Change...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Pneuma

Chimp
Nov 5, 2021
Boomers hold the majority of wealth in this county. Most the boomers I encounter DNGAF about the livability of the planet for future generations. So yeah, stat checks out. No offense intended for boomers of the monkey.

1693780208910.png

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It's not exactly shocking that the people who have been the longest in their earning years hold the most wealth.

there's no such thing as difference in generations

"gen x" will just be in their place in 20 years

generational demarcations are pretty stupid. I'm fairly sure they were invented by realtors and music execs just as a way to walk into a room and define something new and exciting that doesn't really exist

Last edited:

Pneuma

Chimp
Nov 5, 2021
I agree generation names are dumb but I’m not sure how else to describe people of an era.

Yes, I’m with you, wealth generation is a product of time. However, there is more to the story. Young people have seen their piece of the pie shrink over the past 30 years when taking a snapshot at relative ages.

IMG_0550.jpeg

The reason is a series of policy decisions that benefit the same group of people. A recent example would be increasing the age of RMDs.

Anyhoo, I may be trying to draw a connection that doesn’t exist. I would like to think/hope younger folks would be a little more mindful.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Anyhoo, I may be trying to draw a connection that doesn’t exist. I would like to think/hope younger folks would be a little more mindful.
Oh it definitely exists. But when you talk about boomers you're also talking about the hippy generation. The generation that brought about the EPA, the national environmental quality act, and a bunch of other shit that people forget when bagging on the wastefulness and wealth of boomers.

A decent example in my mind is the boomer sierra club generation. Gained a wider foothold in the 60s, grown across the 70s 80s and 90s, they joined an existing elitist shit heel club started 50 years earlier by a rich immigrant who's legacy is kicking out indigenous people so other rich white people could enjoy a view and sip wine. They do almost literally the exact same thing now. Regular trips to europe to ski or hike, suing the forest service to keep out the dirty mountainbikers (even getting the wilderness act reworded to do this). And they use NEPA to do it.

My point? Money and the callousness of age are universal. No generation is any different. And even these assholes may have had some good intentions. You just get old and turn into a self righteous dick who will use any means available to fuck everyone else if it helps you. We'll do it too. Everything is just harder now post reagan. The asshole most of those so called liberals cringe at, but now act just like.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It really is quite amusing to me reading all the stories of horrific conditions Burning Man attendees are having to endure. Having to hike six miles on flat ground, lol.
Never been there but if that soil is like I think it is every step will have about 5lbs of peanut butter mud stuck to each foot.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Never been there but if that soil is like I think it is every step will have about 5lbs of peanut butter mud stuck to each foot.
It's exactly what you think it is

remember folks, that's a leave no trace event!
:rofl:

Leaving No Trace
Our community respects the environment. We are committed to leaving no physical trace of our activities wherever we gather. We clean up after ourselves and endeavor, whenever possible, to leave such places in a better state than when we found them.

some of the OG greenwashing to make rich people think they can do whatever they want without consequence

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I took the self reliance and leave no trace seriously when I went to burning man. Then while I was there I found out it was bullshit. So many people trashing the place and mooching.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I took the self reliance and leave no trace seriously when I went to burning man. Then while I was there I found out it was bullshit. So many people trashing the place and mooching.
that, plus the insanely growing cop presence and aggression, the corruption of the org that runs it, the refusal to cap attendee numbers, along with the growing creepy sausage fest factor were why I quit going

it was almost a third of the size when I first went. The leave no trace bullshit was always just sugar coating reality so attendees could consume guilt free.

it's just a loosely organized scam to make the org, the BLM and local cop jurisdictions rich. Notice how they use 'community participation' to get all the free labor? Borderline genius

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It's exactly what you think it is

remember folks, that's a leave no trace event!

Leaving No Trace
Our community respects the environment. We are committed to leaving no physical trace of our activities wherever we gather. We clean up after ourselves and endeavor, whenever possible, to leave such places in a better state than when we found them.

some of the OG greenwashing to make rich people think they can do whatever they want without consequence
With all the tech bros and new age spirits I am shocked they weren't able to hover their way out on positive vibes, innovation, and crystal energy.

And if you drink carbon neutral beer and party in hot tubs heated by renewable energy you are solving the problem!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
With all the tech bros and new age spirits I am shocked they weren't able to hover their way out on positive vibes, innovation, and crystal energy.

And if you drink carbon neutral beer and party in hot tubs heated by renewable energy you are solving the problem!

I kept checking for carbon neutral helicopter rides outta the joint but I guess they couldn't land. And I know this because the fuckers tried :rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I kept checking for carbon neutral helicopter rides outta the joint but I guess they couldn't land. And I know this because the fuckers tried :rofl:
I bet half of all the executives from bay area e-VTOL startups were stuck there.

This place hired a manager I used to work for to run their manufacturing operations. He was a complete idiot and used to constantly complain about all the hardships society threw at him because he was handsome, athletic, (and white).

At one point he was supposed to run an "after action review" about all the problems we had on a big project. I dug up a series of emails and meeting notes to show that I had made vehement arguments to try to prevent the very problems we had, and where he had turned down every single one of my detailed and logical arguments based on his gut feelings. Unfortunately this was during the pandemic and I could only laugh in his face virtually and not in person.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The point of no return was some time ago I think.
Well done Homo Sapiens.
Well done. :banghead:

Not a breeder, so if the planet could just avoid being nuked or becoming uninhabitable for about another 30 years I'd appreciate it. Not sure that will work though.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
While I don't think we can "technology" our way out of climate change I suppose there are many examples of this kind of energy efficiency which could help offset increasing demands from breeders...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
While I don't think we can "technology" our way out of climate change I suppose there are many examples of this kind of energy efficiency which could help offset increasing demands from breeders...

Have you seen any of the studies with that white pavement, test a few places in europe and in the US?

Definitely overall cooler but at peak reflectivity times (high noonish) it actually increased air temperatures. It didn't shed heat for hours afterwords obviously so the net effect was better. Still kind of odd.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Wet Aotearoan Summers inbound.
  • NIWA reported yesterday 2023 was Aotearoa-NZ’s second-warmest year ever behind 2022, while Auckland had its wettest year ever, including 265mm falling on Mangere Airport in six hours on January 27, which was a quarter of its usual rainfall for an entire year, and 561mm falling on February 13 in the Esk Valley, which is ten times the area’s usual rainfall for the entire month of February.