Quantcast

Climate Change...

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
What I'm saying is that self important dickbags
You may think what you want but I would assure you that I am pretty far from self-important.
changleen are fixated on the wrong shit.

Life fulfilling recreation is more valuable than life sucking commuting. :)

And very recently provable as insignificant. VS.......
I don’t know where you’ve got this idea of my fixation on your hobbies from. Totally agree about the importance of recreation too. It’s absolutely clear large scale systematic change isn’t the most important thing that needs to change.
But, I also think it’s important for individuals to recognise what they can do to given the utter seriousness of the situation. I don’t think you should abandon your dirt bikes and snowmobiles today but I think you should very strongly insist your next one has a lower impact, even if it is only 99% perfect. Anyway, whatever.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I would assure you that I am pretty far from self-important.
I was about to go dig up some of the multiple posts that point to the opposite but you made it easy

I think you should very strongly insist your next one has a lower impact, even if it is only 99% perfect.
thanks!

Your head is so buried in nonsense you honestly don't seem to realize that you in all likelihood have a way bigger carbon output than I do. I pretty much only drive for work, with 80% of it being working from home now. When's the last time you got on a plane? 2016 for me. Before that 2008.

You'll say nothing to the hoards of people on this board who don't even blink at driving 8 hrs to go ride a bike for 2 days, yet so many times you come across one of my posts with a dirtbike or sled, you feel the need to lecture the world on the irresponsibility of such things framed in some fantasy electric version that doesn't exist. You literally just did it again. All because it's a means of playing in the woods that you don't approve of, and honestly seem to have no clue regarding scale. You seem to think that shit is somehow even remotely comparable to 2 hr car drive, something no one even thinks twice about. Most weeks, that's really about the only gas I even burn. And it's singles of gallons if I ride every day. I don't drive to trailheads because I can do it from my house. The amount of gas I go through since I got a dirtbike has absolutely plummeted because I'm not driving to go ride my changleen accepted bicycle somewhere else in the woods. A bicycle that's also a much less durable good than a dirtbike.

You've been to more countries than I've been to parking lots in the last 10-20 years. Flying on the backs of unicorns powered by good intentions I can only assume.

So I'll say it again. The atmosphere of the planet visibly cleared up while just about every dirtbike, snowmobile, side by side and every other thing you disapprove of was being used almost daily. In terms of scale, these things are a blip. Yet you still just can't help yourself to remind everyone how inferior their life's "choices" are, with seemingly zero understanding of the bigger picture.

I'm absolutely surrounded by people who drive 4hrs, one way in bigass 4,000lb SUVs to hike for an hour with a view, and then want to complain about the environmental impact of a vehicle traveling on snow going through maybe a quarter of one tank of multiple fills of what they drove up. All under some guise of 'environmentally responsible recreation'. When truth be told, if everyone who was in that vehicle just rode a dirtbike around for 4 hours, there would have been less fuel burned. Yet which group in that scenario do you constantly feel the need to give life coaching advice?

Get some trails built in jefferson county on the front range outside of denver and you'll do far more good than getting 100 dirtbikers in moab to buy non-existent electric versions of toys.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Figured this thread worked.

Blaine sounds like he and @kidwoo could be besties up in Tahoe until a mysterious fire at his house.

speaks to the absurd salaries these fools get paid that this seems like some kind of reasonable setup.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Oh wow I totally missed that I riled up @kidwoo so bad. Don’t worry dude, I love you really. And yes, all those people are driving massive trucks and SUVs are indeed the real problem.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It rains a lot here, but this is ridiculous.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It rains a lot here, but this is ridiculous.

Whereas Denver just had pretty much the driest April ever and it's supposed to be our second snowiest month.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Whereas Denver just had pretty much the driest April ever and it's supposed to be our second snowiest month.
Saw where Denver is implementing water restrictions starting Monday. I've spent the last weekend and a half turning over most of the grass in the backyard. Don't know if I'll get to the front this year, but that shit is going xeriscape, or as close as I can get it without risking spousal ire. This shit isn't going to get any better.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Things are good here, but it looks like we should get ahead of the game and just start burning california now.

1651460134434.png
1651460197801.png

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I said to my wife last night there should just be a blanket fire ban now across our state and that the water restrictions they're talking about for sprinkler systems etc in Denver should be tougher.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
They have a fire ban here in AZ right now. But when you ban fires, it only keeps them out of the hands of law abiding citizens.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Oh wow I totally missed that I riled up @kidwoo so bad. Don’t worry dude, I love you really. And yes, all those people are driving massive trucks and SUVs are indeed the real problem.
I think I saw some massive American "truck" with 69EPA numberplates today, EPA is our Environment Protection Agency.
Customers of ours are starting to buy battery powered machines, sadly they are poor quality ones that are pretty expensive because they are painted green.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I like this-
“There should be alarm bells,” Rosewarne said. “When I joined this company, I never heard of the term ‘marine heatwave’…. Recently, there’s been three of them.
Aussie bloke raised on a farm works for a fish farm in NZ for a few years and learns about marine heatwaves then is shocked that they happen.

I do agree climate change is happening though, I'd think NZ would be one of the more environmentally friendly nations, no?
I remember they did have issues with algal(?) bloom in waterways because of all the fertiliser and high rainfall.