Quantcast

CLIMB Works in Gatlinburg, TN

Bigfoot92

Chimp
Oct 26, 2012
Atlanta
Just opened mountain biking two days ago apparently. Free if you bring your own bike until May 18th. Looks like it could be fun, especially once they get more trails in.

Here's video:

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
I told my wife, first open weekend, I'd like to plan a trip there. Just under 3 hours drive for us. I too would like to know... pedal yourself up, shuttle, or other?

Bigfoot92

Chimp
Oct 26, 2012
Atlanta
Says on their website it's a loop:

our first mountain bike trail will be a two-mile loop designed for beginner mountain bikers. For more intermediate and advanced riders, there will be advanced features such as berms and alternate routes that will be optional; this way there is something for the whole family to enjoy.

I did find this video on Youtube though... maybe you can shuttle back to the top? Obviously it's absurdly easy, but it's better than nothing I guess

Last edited:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
You left out telling fat people they cannot ride your skydiving machine. That is still your greatest employment/stand up gig ever.
That was the worst job ever if the person was nice, but the best job ever if the person was rude.
"Sorry lady, our giant jet engine is not enough to blow you up in the air. But we have a nice observation tower where you can watch your skinnier friends do it." :rofl:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Dude, every new trail built these days is a greenway. The upside here is that the gatlinburg/pigeon forge area used to be a black hole for bikes. So now at least when your wife or patents drag up to another crappy vacation there you at least have an option.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Yes I agree, something is better than nothing. I just loathe these machine swathed trails lack of any technical features and natural character. All the lumber used on that ladder bridge highway (cool looking, meh riding) could have built 34+ smaller nice elevated stunts. I hate better than I ride though for real....so just ignore me. ;)

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Dude, every new trail built these days is a greenway. The upside here is that the gatlinburg/pigeon forge area used to be a black hole for bikes. So now at least when your wife or patents drag up to another crappy vacation there you at least have an option.
No doubt. Riding there would at least be more fun than dining at the Dixie Stampede, and smelling horse turds while you eat. In all seriousness, it looks like a fun place to take your kid for sure.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I just loathe these machine swathed trails lack of any technical features and natural character.
You must not know me very well. 3 things I hate most in the world:

1. 4 wheelers
2. machine built trails
3. 29ers

pretty much in that order. But even the worst built machine trail is still the best thing in Gatlinburg and whne you MUST be there, it is at least an option. Plus my 5 year old would love it.

Last edited:

CharlieM

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
You must not know me very well. 3 things I hate most in the world:

1. 4 wheelers
2. machine built trails
3. 29ers

pretty much in that order. But even the worst built machine trail is still the best thing in Gatlinburg and whne you MUST be there, it is at least an option. Plus my 5 year old would love it.
Horses need to be added to your list.

clealan

Monkey
Mar 9, 2008
Fairview NC
Rode this place today...I like it. This 2 mile loop is the "green" beginer trail and tame enough for a couple of family loops. The good news is it is 1/3 up hill, 1/3 level and 1/3 downhill, not just that constant up and down of so many machine made trails. The climb is not too hard for familys, you can pin it and pump the grade reversals through upper (level) section and the down hill and corkscrew thing are pretty dang fun with some rollers and well made berms, one direction and no hikers means let 'er fly. The big question is, what will they build next? The guys there are very excited and open to suggestions. They have the land, equipment, staff and will to build some nice DH trails in the future. Unless, of course, we all stay home because thier beginer trail isn't Windrock.

bikecowboy

Chimp
Nov 6, 2012
WNC
Maybe we should hit the place as group on the way to or back from one of the WR trips and let them know what we would like to see.