Quantcast

Climbing TWE

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
"adventure"

Last time I rode it, I saw a few little tree diamonds.

Anyway mountainbiking is now a zipperline course for tourists and it it must be stopped.
I remember riding The Ribbon one year in Junction and someone had glued little yellow reflector things to the rock on top so people wouldn't get lost on the slabs. :rofl:

And this was a long* time ago.

*not long in geologic terms

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I remember riding The Ribbon one year in Junction and someone had glued little yellow reflector things to the rock on top so people wouldn't get lost on the slabs. :rofl:

Someone needs to do that at Bartlett, I couldn't find the trail last time I got onto the rock there :(

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I can imagine mushrooms can enhance the climbing experience, still doesn't look like fun.
The mushroom woo refers to above is the rock outcropping just to the left of my wife in that photo at Bartlett Wash, totally different area of Moab from TWE. Search for Bartlett mushroom drop on the youtuber, I'm sure there's plenty of old school and newer vids.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
how big a drop is that anyway? I remember first seeing videos of Canfield and Krispy hitting it on yuge bikes, now it embraced by the spirit of enduro guys. 6-8 feet? ish?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
how big a drop is that anyway? I remember first seeing videos of Canfield and Krispy hitting it on yuge bikes, now it embraced by the spirit of enduro guys. 6-8 feet? ish?
From the lip straight down it's probably 8-10 feet? But going off of it at speed, I'm pretty sure the landing spot is gonna be 20-ish feet down? Whatever it is, it's loco-gringo. :fie:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'm pretty sure the landing spot is gonna be 20-ish feet down? Whatever it is, it's loco-gringo. :fie:
probably more like 12, maybe 8ish straight under

I pedaled at this and it's definitely not 20.

poking off like 8ish??

You can obviously go deeper but it gets a little lumpy beyond that first pic. I remember thinking I didn't want to be compressing on divots. But oh boy if I had a 29er!!!! (I would break wheels and not have a face)

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

did not fagerlin have a video of that trail...?

edit....yes...website is still functional...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
6ish hours to ride the loop...FKT "route" somehow doesn't ride back to the start point in town, but ends at the tunnel.

Not sure how the FKT segment is 5hr50, yet her time for the ride was 6hr40...

edit2: messed around for 40 minutes at the start before crossing the segment time and 10 minutes at the end, brings it down to 5hr50...

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yeah, but there are plenty of worse places to die. More a statement about my current physical abilities, than about a desirable geographic location for leaving a corpse.
I'd love to leave my corpse right in the middle of porc rim.

the denvers would fight with the slc mormons other whether it needed a prayer to save or an IPA to honor

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
If you're close to the edge can we push you off the cliff and see how big a dust cloud your impact makes?

For science obviously.