Quantcast

Clinton is a PONCE

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I can't believe Clinton won. I didn't realize how many liberal wussies there are in California.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Haha. What happened to the old thread? Too harsh?

I'm with Sanj on this one. It's unbelievable to me that a majority of democrats would vote for her over Obama.

The hispanic vote killed him. Which isn't all that suprising if you're familiar with some of the racial tension in so cal.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Haha. What happened to the old thread? Too harsh?

I'm with Sanj on this one. It's unbelievable to me that a majority of democrats would vote for her over Obama.

The hispanic vote killed him. Which isn't all that suprising if you're familiar with some of the racial tension in so cal.
I thought the same thing from a public image standpoint but today I started looking at her actual views and have to say I agree more with her than Obama. I like that Obama seems fairly open to Nuclear energy but his health plan makes no sense. I think Hillaries plan is too far reaching but it is very logical.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
If Clinton gets the nomination it's going to be alot closer race then a lot of us have thought.

I might even vote for McCain over Hillary. I'm a die hard liberal too. Hillary is a conservative running under the guise of a democrat. I think much of this nation feels the same.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If Clinton gets the nomination it's going to be alot closer race then a lot of us have thought.

I might even vote for McCain over Hillary. I'm a die hard liberal too. Hillary is a conservative running under the guise of a democrat. I think much of this nation feels the same.

So as a liberal you would have a true conservative than what really should be considered a moderate? It is your right to be spiteful but it doesn't make sense.

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
I thought the same thing from a public image standpoint but today I started looking at her actual views and have to say I agree more with her than Obama. I like that Obama seems fairly open to Nuclear energy but his health plan makes no sense. I think Hillaries plan is too far reaching but it is very logical.
Their health plans are very very similar. If his doesn't make sense, than how could hers? The same goals are just stated in different ways.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003

i found this a little surprising, too, as i thought CA would have recognized obama as being more liberal (he is), and not enough racial tension to overcome this liberal gap. maybe the racial element is significantly larger than the hispanic population?

do liberals in cali see blacks as having at least one family member in a gang?

i don't get it.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
i found this a little surprising, too, as i thought CA would have recognized obama as being more liberal (he is), and not enough racial tension to overcome this liberal gap. maybe the racial element is significantly larger than the hispanic population?

i don't get it.
i think you will find most Hispanic families beholden to the democratic party, but not necessarily liberal. Most are conservative cathloics but have bought into the idea that rich white liberals should tell them what to do.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
maybe the racial element is significantly larger than the hispanic population?

i don't get it.
I'm not sure what you're saying here. The racial tension that I'm talking about is between hispanic and blacks. I see it everywhere... from gang violence between them to hispanic supervisors that don't want black employees because they think they're worthless (I've actually heard that :shocked:).

I'm sitting next to a co-worker who is a young hispanic man in LA who voted for Hillary. The reason he gave me was because "I don't know. I think she might be better with immigration." Fair enough, but as far as I know, they are almost identical on this issue.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I'm not sure what you're saying here. The racial tension that I'm talking about is between hispanic and blacks. I see it everywhere... from gang violence between them to hispanic supervisors that don't want black employees because they think they're worthless (I've actually heard that :shocked:).
what i'm getting at is:
- i would be surprised to learn the number of hispanics who didn't vote for obama and did vote for clinton did so b/c obama's black
- yet that number i still expected to be small, and if so, are there others who voted for hillary for the same reasons as above?

i guess i'm painting most CA dems as liberal, and as such, would expect them to vote for the more liberal of the 2 choices.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Their health plans are very very similar. If his doesn't make sense, than how could hers? The same goals are just stated in different ways.
I just quickly browsed the candidates websites. Maybe Clinton's was just better written. Clinton's seemed to clearly state what she wanted to be done, how she was going to do it and why it would work. Obama's seemed more like a list of promises. I will look at it in more detail tonight.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
what i'm getting at is:
- i would be surprised to learn the number of hispanics who didn't vote for obama and did vote for clinton did so b/c obama's black
- yet that number i still expected to be small, and if so, are there others who voted for hillary for the same reasons as above?

i guess i'm painting most CA dems as liberal, and as such, would expect them to vote for the more liberal of the 2 choices.

What is even weirder is that liberals voting for the more conservative candidate made a conservative Sanjuro angry at liberals. :busted:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
btw, if you were mad I referred to Clinton with a naughty word for a vagina, imagine what the Swift Boat/Monicagate/McCain-SCarolina2000 people are going to do if she becomes the democratic candidate.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
btw, if you were mad I referred to Clinton with a naughty word for a vagina, imagine what the Swift Boat/Monicagate/McCain-SCarolina2000 people are going to do if she becomes the democratic candidate.

I can not help but to think that over the last 15 years they have already unloaded their full salvo at the Clintons. I guess there are always lies to be told.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
anyone else notice the 'related threads' below were started exclusively by N8? looks like sanjuro is muscling in on his turf.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I can not help but to think that over the last 15 years they have already unloaded their full salvo at the Clintons. I guess there are always lies to be told.
I was thinking that there has been 8 years of Bill Clinton roaming free while Hillary was in Congress.

While Slick Willie has Secret Service protection, his many potential conquests do not, and if I were in the Dirty Tricks department of the RNC, I would wait until 2008 to reveal their stories.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was thinking that there has been 8 years of Bill Clinton roaming free while Hillary was in Congress.

While Slick Willie has Secret Service protection, his many potential conquests do not, and if I were in the Dirty Tricks department of the RNC, I would wait until 2008 to reveal their stories.
But Willie isn't on the ballot. That won't stop the spin doctors but will that change many peoples minds? It might backfire with some people, what would people think if a candidates wife was attacked?

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
I just quickly browsed the candidates websites. Maybe Clinton's was just better written. Clinton's seemed to clearly state what she wanted to be done, how she was going to do it and why it would work. Obama's seemed more like a list of promises. I will look at it in more detail tonight.
Although I'll admit that Clintons' plan is better written on the website, their plans are very similar because she has adopted many of the characteristics in Obama's plan and his plan that is in place in IL. Plus the idea of offering the same coverage as senators originated from Obama. The Clintons like to grab popular ideas and sell them as their own.

On the topic of dirty laundry and how the Clintons have already been exposed.
1 - Americans have a short attention span. Everything will be brought back into the spotlight for one last go-round just in case anyone forgot White-Water.
2 - Details of how the Clintons are now worth between 10-50 million have yet to be fully disclosed. I'm willing to bet the microscope will be on their finances once again, especially with the $5mil they just dumped into the campaign fund.

I'd rather not hear all that crap again. Especially when digging through McCain's past will just help him with conservatives and vets.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
The list of people that have crossed the Clintons and have *ahem* faced untimely circumstances, is long and distinguished.

Like I said in the deleted thread, my beef with her is to please quantify her "35" years of experience. Deane Farve can't start at QB for the Packers next year just because she lived with Brett...

Clinton also says she'd be qualifed from "Day 1". No.

The only people qualifed to be President from Day 1 are Carter, Bush the First, and the Clinton that pees standing up. Wait, bad analogy, my fault. edit: Willy Clinton.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
2 - Details of how the Clintons are now worth between 10-50 million have yet to be fully disclosed. I'm willing to bet the microscope will be on their finances once again, especially with the $5mil they just dumped into the campaign fund.
That's pretty easy. Do you have any idea what Bill Clinton gets to make a speech?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Although I'll admit that Clintons' plan is better written on the website, their plans are very similar because she has adopted many of the characteristics in Obama's plan and his plan that is in place in IL. Plus the idea of offering the same coverage as senators originated from Obama. The Clintons like to grab popular ideas and sell them as their own.

On the topic of dirty laundry and how the Clintons have already been exposed.
1 - Americans have a short attention span. Everything will be brought back into the spotlight for one last go-round just in case anyone forgot White-Water.

I'd rather not hear all that crap again. Especially when digging through McCain's past will just help him with conservatives and vets.
I'm surprised McCain isn't getting swiftboated this year. He got destroyed by them last time around. Maybe they realize they need a moderate candidate this time around to even have a chance.

At least I am reasonably happy with the main 3 front runners this year.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
But Willie isn't on the ballot. That won't stop the spin doctors but will that change many peoples minds? It might backfire with some people, what would people think if a candidates wife was attacked?
Backfire with the people who watch ET/Access Hollywood/TMZ/Drudge?

The RNC is very good with their dirty tricks. With the Swift Boat Veterans, who were never associated with Bush, I wonder who smeared McCain so badly in 2000 that it derailled his campaign, and if that person is available today for work?

One more thing: I think people want their presidents with stable relationships, and if Bill is touted on the campaign, he will fair game.

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
I'm surprised McCain isn't getting swiftboated this year. He got destroyed by them last time around. Maybe they realize they need a moderate candidate this time around to even have a chance.

At least I am reasonably happy with the main 3 front runners this year.
I'm happy too.

McCain hasn't gotten boated yet because thier party is too devided and the other two options are not strong enough.

If Clinton gets the nod, She'll swift-boat him for sure.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
The RNC is very good with their dirty tricks. With the Swift Boat Veterans, who were never associated with Bush, I wonder who smeared McCain so badly in 2000 that it derailled his campaign, and if that person is available today for work?
it was a rovian smear (push polls w/ mccain's black love child). as h8r pointed out in a recent thread, he's committed to foxnews in the nearterm.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
One day a fourth-grade teacher asked the children what their fathers did for a living. All the typical answers came up -- fireman, mechanic, businessman, salesman, doctor, lawyer, and so forth.

However, little Mike was being uncharacteristically quiet, so when the teacher prodded him about his father, he replied, "My father's an exotic dancer in a gay cabaret named "DaVinci's Decadent Dance Den" and takes off all his clothes in front of other men and they put money in his underwear. Sometimes, if the offer is really good, he will go home with some guy and stay with him all night for money."

The teacher, obviously shaken by this statement, hurriedly set the other children to work on some exercises and then took little Mike aside to ask him, "Is that really true about your father?"

"No," the boy said,"He works for the Democratic National Committee and is helping to get Hillary Clinton to be our next President, but I was too embarrassed to say that in front of the other kids."