Quantcast

Closest dry, unfrozen DH trails to the Northeast?

vtminuteman

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
Sharon VT
I live in Vermont and we are receiving another foot of snow right now. I'm looking to head south to ride some downhill trails. It doesn't have to be anything special just semi-dry, unfrozen, and legal. A bonus would be DH trails and a bmx track close together. But anything would be better than shoveling snow right now. The more challenging the trails the better, big jumps, drops, rock gardens, etc.. Looking to head south in a week or two. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Nov 3, 2003
Virginia
Hey VTminuteman...it's about 18 hours to Oakridge TN where the Windrock OTV trail system is.
Search on the "South" forum to find out more info about Windrock. April or late March may be the best time to go this early in the year.
Funny thing is, tack on a few more hours of driving, and you could be in Cali...

vtminuteman

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
Sharon VT
I google mapped Windrock and I'm 16 hours and 1000 miles away, not bad. Maybe I will head down and check it out in a few weeks. Thanks for the help.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I google mapped Windrock and I'm 16 hours and 1000 miles away, not bad. Maybe I will head down and check it out in a few weeks. Thanks for the help.
2500 feet of elevation drop, paved shuttle road to the entrance of the majority, 2 lane gravel to the pinnacle...TONS of trails!!! See Voreis clip on NWD6 for a little sample of the rocks there.

Post in the South forum on here what dates you are wanting to go and the crews will let you know who will be there to show you around....