Quantcast

:clue: Good Monday Morning! :clue:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Man, stosh is slacking with these lately.

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was awesome (see Ride Reports). I rode 12 hours this weekend, spent some QT with good company, soaked in a hot tub, shared a growler with splat and MBC, and slept like a rock.

I had a deck hockey championship game last night which we lost (game one of three). After all that riding, I was still all RUN RUN RUN the entire game. I don't know where I got the energy.

I'm hurtin' today. Need coffee....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning IAB.

Our house is all framed up. They're starting to put up the outer walls now... going to head up and check the progress tonight. Tried to locate a picture but for some reason I can't find any. Guess I'll have to upload a few to photobucket tonight. This is the only one I could find, and it was pre-framing:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Babs

Weekend was pretty uneventful - lots of rain. My father is in town from AZ, so the kids and I got together for lunch with him on Saturday. I also finished swapping parts around on various bikes to end up wiht a half-way decent hard tail that could serve as a loaner/backup bike (see tools of the trade). My cousin wants to start riding, and he's going to use this bike to get his feet wet. Sunday was a total washout until about 7pm. I packed up my stuff (including my light) and was on the trails by 7:30. I rode for about an hour... felt really good after doing nothing all day. I rode the hardtail I built up the previous day just to make sure it was solid and working well before I get it to my cousin to trash. Yep - all is good. But after an hour on that thing, I was really glad my Yeti was waiting for me at home. Riding that bike is like getting kicked in the nuts every 20 seconds. :dead:

Note to self: my light dies out FAST...

I have a hellish couple of weeks coming up, so let the fun begin :rolleyes:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'morning IAB.

Our house is all framed up. They're starting to put up the outer walls now... going to head up and check the progress tonight. Tried to locate a picture but for some reason I can't find any. Guess I'll have to upload a few to photobucket tonight. This is the only one I could find, and it was pre-framing:
Awesome! You guys must be GIDDY to see the house going up. :D

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. :) Had a good road ride with Goddy43 friday night. Got in around 23 miles or so with some decent climbs thrown in. Managed to avg. close to 17mph taboot. Sat. was uneventful and yesterday my nextdoor neighbors had a b-day party for their son and many brews were consumed. :thumb: Short week for me, we're headed to Maine after work on Wed. for 5 days. Vacation is definately needed! Can't wait! :thumb:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Awesome! You guys must be GIDDY to see the house going up. :D
Jenn almost had a nervous breakdown when she measured off the size of our furniture. It didn't look like it was going to fit... but she was adding a few inches to all sides of the furniture, a few inches off the edges of everything, another few inches here and there, all "to be safe".

By the time she got done "being safe" she had knocked a few feet off the room size :p

We went up there again and taped everything out and it's all fine... we just needed to do some realistic measurements ;).

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Jenn almost had a nervous breakdown when she measured off the size of our furniture. It didn't look like it was going to fit... but she was adding a few inches to the size of the furniture, a few inches off the edges of everything, all "to be safe".

By the time she got done "being safe" she had knocked a few feet off the room size :p

We went up there again and taped everything out and it's all fine... we just needed to do some realistic measurements ;).
It will look WAAAAY small until they get the walls up. I almost flipped when I saw the foundation - I didn't think there was any way the house was going to be big enough. As it turns out, it's twice as big as we need.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Hi there.

I never post on these morning post things, but thought I'd jump in. :D

Today I begin leading group rides from the shop. I think it will be the first "shop-led" mountain bike rides they've had in quite some time, maybe ever. Of course, they've had road rides every Sat for years...

Don't know if anyone will show up, but I'm ready! Wish me luck!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Sup yall. Good weekend but no riding :( Friday night I got really drunk :dead: then Saturday the GF woke me up at like 7am :dead: and we went to Instigator's wedding, which was basically a huge gathering of mountain bikers :D then after the reception we went to a party which was cool but I was getting pretty tired, then after the party we went to check out a band that my guitar player is filling in for. By the end it was one LONG day but fun. Sunday was crappy weather and I was a slug and did NOTHING.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Had a hell of a ride on saturday that really beat me up. I drank too much beer the night before and sprayed the trail with nacho cheese a few times. Ugh. Im getting back in shape quickly tho.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather avoid NJ/NY traffic on the Friday of a holiday weekend. :dead:
Actually, the quickest route down, avoids those crowds. You'd have to take the tapanze bridge, make your way towards 287. If you change your mind, let me know the offer is still on the table.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning all more "inservice" meetings with all the staff... These things suck! I have so much crap to get done in my classroom, but am forced to go listen to the same "RAH RAH RAH speaches" over and over again!

ANYWAY.... I led a LONG ride yesterday for our "County Parks Bikefest" which was organized by our local "TRAIL ADVOCACY GROUP" aka "PTAG" I took out a group of advanced riders (these guys wouldn't let me slow up at all, there was always someone in the group pushing me hard (I think they were trying to take turns to whup my A$$) :think:

I took the ride on the trail Manhattan and I put in, and everyone that rode it was raving about it. At the end of the ride, people were talking about different parts of the trail, and they are nominating it for the "TRAIL OF THE YEAR" at our local IMBA/PTAG Meeting. I WAS STOKED! Plus since I knew the trail I was able to pay them back by kicking their A$$ES!:evil:

well I am off to another meeting!!!:mad:

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Good morning, all! Yes, I am giddy and neurotic about the house all at once... a real prize for bv. :weee: Here are a couple pictures of the frame, if anyone is interested. And yes, it looks wicked small to me, but I think I am done freaking out about that.

Anyway, fun weekend, gorgeous weather... have a good one, everyone! :)

Attachments

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Where's the MAN room?
As you're looking at the slab (or the second one of antimony's pictures), it's the front room on the right hand side.

All covered :thumb:

Plus, the builder includes an 8' x 8' storage room off the back of the house, so more storage room for my tools and wires :D

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning all. Had a good weekend. Hung out with an old friend. Saw a movie, ate some Tai food and went for a hike the next day. It was great. Rob's home, so I have my riding buddy again :love: yay! Now it just needs to stop raining....

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Had a great weekend riding, about 80 miles in the pedals. Saturday we explored the Dixie Mine Trail, a new trail that was opened off of one of the trails we ride with some frequency. Beautiful area, pretty much pristine desert with a lot of options for varied rides. Also lots of cholla and steep sustained climbs.

Sunday morning we knocked out a 55 mile road ride out south of Phoenix.

Dixie Mine Trail