Quantcast

"Clunking" noice from Fox Vanilla RC Shock

Nicolai Fan

Chimp
Aug 30, 2003
My Fox Vanilla RC rear shock in my Banshee Scream makes an "clunking" noise when compressing the shock/frame.
Its like something is loose, but it is inside the shock.
The shock is an 2003 model and haven't ridden mutch, so it isn't worn out.
Could there be air in the shock, that isn't suppose to be in there?

Have any experienced something like this? :confused:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Originally posted by Nicolai Fan
My Fox Vanilla RC rear shock in my Banshee Scream makes an "clunking" noise when compressing the shock/frame.
Its like something is loose, but it is inside the shock.
The shock is an 2003 model and haven't ridden mutch, so it isn't worn out.
Could there be air in the shock, that isn't suppose to be in there?

Have any experienced something like this? :confused:
I have an RC thats sorta doing the same thing. Its a pro pedal shock that i had "upgraded" by a friend at Fox. Ive been meaning to call him to see if thats normal or something that needs to be checked out. My romic that was stock on the DHR also made a similar "clunk". They gave me an RA right away and took care of it Smitty at romic gave it the name "top out" although it happened at any point in the stroke when it went from compression to rebound.

If you contact fox let us know what they say.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
mine does this as well, every RC i've had has done this, i dont know what it is, its never bothered me and never got worse, but i wouldnt mind knowing what it is. until then i will go one not caring as long as it works.
if you find out please share.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Clunking when topping out = air inside/ need to send it back.

Play around eyelets = new bushings that will set you back ~$10 for the pair and you can swap then using sockets as tools.

Other = no eyed deer.

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
I dunno then. Ask Fox or Push or even Mojo ?

OEM Fox RC- no clunk

Pushed RC w/ propedal- no clunk

Flow Components RC - clunk until it went back then no more clunk.

Nicolai Fan

Chimp
Aug 30, 2003
Originally posted by Repack
Clunking when topping out = air inside/ need to send it back.

Play around eyelets = new bushings that will set you back ~$10 for the pair and you can swap then using sockets as tools.

Other = no eyed deer.

Well its not the bushings, they are like new, so it must be air in the shock, I'll send it to Mojo and see if it helps.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
mine aint topping out so i doubt its the air thing, it clunks at any part of the stroke, its like theres something loose internally, and its not the bushes.