Quantcast

Clutch

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
Rocks.

Everytime Clutch comes to town it seems like something comes up and I can't make it to the show.
Finally got a chance to see them tonite and it was definitely worth the wait. Great show.
The Sword opened for them and they were really good, too. My ears are ringing and I'm half drunk. Rock and roll.

:rockout::beerjam:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
your mom knows how to clutch the sword... in my pants.

sorry, i have no actual knowledge of your mother's prowess regarding manual dexterity. i just wanted to make a joke :redface:

clutch rules. the sword is a damn solid act too. both on the same bill =

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Saw Clutch downstairs at the Middle East outside Boston in like '93 or something, they were pretty kickass back then and I can only imagine their live shows have gotten better.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
^^^ ouch, old Clutch was weaksauce. they were horrible noise in 93 with stuff like "shotgun." even beavis and butthead ripped em. i completely wrote them off back then and couldn't believe it was the same band when i heard them a few years back.

newrider3

Monkey
Oct 13, 2007
Colorado
I don't know what you /\ are smoking, but old Clutch rocks just as hard as they do now. I like the way they've evolved, but I still always find myself listening to albums like Pitchfork/Lost Needles and the Impetus E/P.

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
Clutch rocks. I saw them in Portland, Oregon this last summer. Great show.

I even have "Wicker" as my ringtone right now. HARVEST TIME!!!!!!!!!

Love the heavy stuff....

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I've seen Clutch at least 5 times but the last time I saw them - with Coheed and Cambria - they weren't nearly as good as the other times. I also just realized that I missed them here a few weeks ago. :banghead:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
^^^ ouch, old Clutch was weaksauce. they were horrible noise in 93 with stuff like "shotgun." even beavis and butthead ripped em. i completely wrote them off back then and couldn't believe it was the same band when i heard them a few years back.
Damn! Here I was thinking I actually enjoyed that show. Guess I was wrong and it actually sucked.

:disgust1:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Damn! Here I was thinking I actually enjoyed that show. Guess I was wrong and it actually sucked.

:disgust1:
glad i could help you out with setting your memory straight :brows:

i understand that others liked them, and bless all your hearts for keeping them alive because i do appreciate so much of what they have done since Pure Rock, and i know they wouldn't have made that music without y'all buying the earlier stuff. i'm just saying you won't find it in my collection.

...of course, i hated justice for all and appetite for destruction the first time i heard those records, and now i can't believe i was ever silly enough to feel that way :banghead:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Man, they've been playing around these parts for-EVER. I've seen 'em MANY times...in the early 90's at small joints like Jaxx in West Springfield to town festivals(e.g. Hagerstown) to clubs like the 9:30. They're locs, also, having formed their $hit only about 20 minutes from here in Gaithersburg/Germantown. I used to catch them and Monster Magnet every chance I could but haven't seen 'em live since Blast Tyrant.