Quantcast

CNN kind of sucks

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm getting tired of their shtick. I feel like they have no idea who they are nor who they are catering to. Sometimes it's simple reporting, but a lot of other times there's a clear editorial bent. I feel like they keep trying to sprinkle a little MAGAsm in as well, with little commentary like "Yeah, Trump said he wants the police to freely beat up anybody brown, but Kamala had tea with breakfast".

Example, this article highlights the issue: https://www.cnn.com/2024/10/03/politics/october-surprises-trump-harris-analysis/index.html Trump worked to undermine the election and details of it have been released just before the election...BUT there's a hurricane. And a strike that Harris cannot control, because she's not a longshoreman. WTF?

Maybe it's just me, but I've been moving away from CNN entirely and focusing on Reuters or APnews to minimize the editorialize and general shittiness.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I know it was only applicable to broadcast news.

Fairness Doctrine.

Bring it back and apply it to both broadcast ( is that still a thing? ) and cable / interwebs.

Was having a conversation the other day and we were talking about way back when you could watch all three major networks and the news was pretty much identical, until the end when you got to the opinion parts. Then the disclaimer claiming not necessarily the opinion of the network, affiliates yada yada yada. Even then, you had to pay attention to the subtleties to discern a difference of opinion on a lot of what was being said.

Have not watched any form of cable news in years. Being they no longer employ actual journalists, instead of talking heads; you go to the news aggregators ie AP, Reuters - you know the places all the big names actually get their content before they twist it into something unrecognizable.

What a fucking shit-show. :disgust:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I thought he got the axe because alienating all of CNN’s viewer base in favor of gaining 3 fox news watchers was an elon musk level business move.

edit: yeah, he done: https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/07/media/chris-licht-cnn/index.html and quick too. It’s likely he made an impact and this is the nonsense that I’m seeing now, however.

Dammit, now I gotta go remove my thumbs up from @Changleen. You be making me look bad dude, and I can do that well enough on my own. :busted:

Naw, he can keep it. Thanks for the update though, I missed that one. :thumb: