CNN must be desperate

J

JRB

Yeah well, you managed to make the crappiest thread ever with it. :D

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Squeak said:
[english-usage-nazi]"fore" is for golf. "four" is a number. also see "here, here" vs. "hear, hear" (the second is correct)[/eun]

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Toshi said:
[english-usage-nazi]"fore" is for golf. "four" is a number. also see "here, here" vs. "hear, hear" (the second is correct)[/eun]
haha Toshi you should become an English teacher instead of a doc.

Golfing is a very dangerous sport, you should wear pads.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
seriously, i should be an editor :D . the issue of Import Tuner i was reading last night had so many mistakes :( , like "elude" instead of "allude" for one...

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
I had CNN on in the background this morning, and must have said "that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard!" at least 3 times.

My favorite was they were pumping up Time Warner's stock (their parent company) by touting Carl Icahn's big purchase of stock.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Toshi said:
Beat me to it...

And don't forget "ensure" vs. "insure"

And of course the often seen "break" vs "brake" here on RM.......

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Toshi said:
seriously, i should be an editor :D . the issue of Import Tuner i was reading last night had so many mistakes :( , like "elude" instead of "allude" for one...
Can't say I know too much about "Import Tuner." However, I can tell you that the old BMX magazine, "BMX Plus!" used to drive me crazy. It got to a point where I couldn't even read it.

The sad part was that it had basic mistakes: "then and than" and "your and you're." It was kind of sad knowing that someone had too give the magazine the "a-ok" before it went to print.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
blt2ride said:
It was kind of sad knowing that someone had too give the magazine the "a-ok" before it went to print.
:think: :D yeah, bmx and the low budget/new mtb mags are there for the photography, not the writing...

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Toshi said:
:think: :D yeah, bmx and the low budget/new mtb mags are there for the photography, not the writing...
Yeah, I mean it's not a big deal if there are a few grammar errors. I know that these folks are under the gun to meet their deadlines, but when it's the same thing over and over, it gets old.