Quantcast

Co-driver wanted for East-West coast trip

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1699485#post1697382 has the full scoop. not-so-short short version:

i'm driving across the country from august 20th (my sig says the 19th since that's when i fly out) to around august 30th, starting in NJ and ending up here in seattle. the extra days above the straight shot on I-90 are to accomodate one of the following: a loop up to boston, a loop up to banff or a loop down to the bay area, haven't decided yet.

in any case, having a co-driver would be very welcome, so if you're free, can drive a stick shift, have a valid license, and are keen to camp out and sleep on the floor of the apts of various friends of mine across the country let me know. your plane ticket to wherever you meet me would be provided, you would not have to chip in for gas, and would only be responsible for feeding yourself. and driving. :D in return you'd get to see the country, meet my fabulous ivory tower friends, and drive a cool car (that hopefully won't break down in the midwest!).

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
nope. '02 WRX, with, uh, some mods. yes.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
I did that drive like 8 years ago when I moved here from NYC area. It was a nice trip. Wish I could do it again, but....Have fun w/ it.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Five said:
I did that drive like 8 years ago when I moved here from NYC area. It was a nice trip. Wish I could do it again, but....Have fun w/ it.
thanks. i will have fun. :D i've done it twice already: seattle-boston on the highways, boston-oregon coast via 7345 miles of assorted roads and trails...

(guadalupe mtns national park or reserve or whatever it's called)