Quantcast

CO trail conditions in may???

stully05

Chimp
Feb 21, 2005
My buddy and I are planning a trip in late may, we're heading through CO to fruita, moab, and then north to teton and yellowstone, wy. I was just wondering what the trail conditions were like in the crested butte area in the last 2 weeks of may. it would be nice to hit that whole area on the way to fruita/ moab but we have never actually left missouri to do any mtb so we were unsure what the weather/trails were like at that time. Any info you could give ie: tips, trails, time frame etc. would be awesome.
Thanks
Eric

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
If the snow keeps falling, could be muddy, so bring mud garb (just in case). I don't know if it'll be clear (high altitude), but from the top of Kenosha Pass is the Dike Trail (Any shop'll know it) which is a fun ride. You can ride it from the bottom of the pass to the top and back, or shuttle it. Either way, the bottom is on the side of Kenosha opposite town. Probably your best bet would be to call one of the loacl shops just before you leave and see what they are looking at for snow pack, conditions etc.