Quantcast

CO/UT Road Trip...

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
Might be trading in my PNW/BC plans for a loop through the rockies. Coming from Cali, I've got Keystone as an end destination. Does Snowmass have much to offer other than the Norba course? Worth a stop? I've only been eastward for norba/msc and look forward to riding some good terrain without a clock ticking... BrianHead, Deer, Sol Vista, Keystone, AngelFire. What am I missing? Telluride?, Durango?. Will be traveling with one other rider. Vehicle able to shuttle 4. Short on cash and time. Discuss. -Jim

MBX5

Chimp
Apr 24, 2006
From what I was told last week Telluride only has 4 DH runs and 2 are only worth doing. The lift is free so that's a plus! Word is they have some good/great shuttle stuff but may need to get with a local to find it.

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
Sol Vista - new trails and free, definitely worth hitting

Keystone - quite a few trails now with the new stuff, also worth your time

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
Not too much banter in this forum... Thanks to those who responded. A lot to get done but should be launching today. Have the T-storms been splash and dry or are they going to make tenting miserable? Also, will the terrain we're covering entertain the dh bike for a week or is it advised to bring the small bikes along as well? I'm just a 33 year old hack who's still quick(dumb) enough to race on Sundays and risk ending up unemployable. BTW, what does "big crank" mean?

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Not too much banter in this forum... Thanks to those who responded. A lot to get done but should be launching today. Have the T-storms been splash and dry or are they going to make tenting miserable? Also, will the terrain we're covering entertain the dh bike for a week or is it advised to bring the small bikes along as well? I'm just a 33 year old hack who's still quick(dumb) enough to race on Sundays and risk ending up unemployable. BTW, what does "big crank" mean?
Jim, are you sticking around for the Snowmass NMBS Finals?

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
Jim, are you sticking around for the Snowmass NMBS Finals?
Haven't checked the calander to see which weekend it's on. I plan on being there but this loop should come to a close around Sunday... if my shoulder will stay together. Pics from your trip made me think twice about going east rather than north. That will come next month.

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
durango has awsome shuttle ridding, but MOAB is my fav destination. awsome trails their
Both are on the "want" list; just don't know enough about the area to go about it without a guide. For now we're sticking to the herd ravaged path until we find some friendlies.... blast off in t-minus 40 minutes. Stop in Vegas for a 4 a.m. scotch. and double my money.

remdog

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Durango
Both are on the "want" list; just don't know enough about the area to go about it without a guide. For now we're sticking to the herd ravaged path until we find some friendlies.... blast off in t-minus 40 minutes. Stop in Vegas for a 4 a.m. scotch. and double my money.
sweet well enjoy. ill be in durango as of august 23rd so if your in the area ever, hit me up. always enjoy meetin new people.