Quantcast

CO2 for UST?

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
You always see on pro bikes they have these big co2 things on their seatpost for inflating their tubeless tires.

Who makes them? How well do they work? Were do you get them?

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
Originally posted by JMAC
You always see on pro bikes they have these big co2 things on their seatpost for inflating their tubeless tires.

This? and if this isn't what you're talking about, i don't see any reason why you couldn't use one one tubeless.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta

they generally have them in case they ahve a flat, the put the co2 there only b/c it's easy access there. i like to put my stuff on my stem if i carry something w/ me. generally they'll carry a tube and a co2 so incase they get a flat they can just fix it. but a co2 is only a quick fix. if you try to inflate your tire w/ a co2 it's only going to last like 24 hours if that, then it just goes flat. co2 just doesn't stay in there for long. the best one to get is this one made by innovations that allows you to use threadless and threaded cartiages. then go buy more cart's at a local hardware store for cheeeeeeeeeeeap.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
No they make special ones for tubeless tires that have enough air for 2 tires and it shoots in some sealant to.

Chris01

Chimp
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas Area
No they make special ones for tubeless tires that have enough air for 2 tires and it shoots in some sealant to.
I use them, but they are not tubeless specific. I forget the maker but the name is "big air" Basically any CO2 cartridge will fill a tubless tire. This one fills two.

Good to have with tubless if you get a small tear, you can patch it once and then the tear will spread on you. If it is a longer ride you will have to patch it at least one more time.

Oh, and basically I have just found them at my LBS.