Quantcast

Coach paid to have disabled kid hurt......

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/more/07/15/bc.bbo.youngplayerhurt.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- A T-ball coach allegedly paid one of his players $25 to hurt an 8-year-old mentally disabled teammate so he wouldn't have to put the boy in the game, police said Friday.

Mark R. Downs Jr., 27, of Dunbar, is accused of offering one of his players the money to hit the boy in the head with a baseball, police said. Witnesses told police Downs didn't want the boy to play in the game because of his disability.
This is simply unbelievable....

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Do people ever stop to think what they are doing anymore. "Hey, it would be cool to go kill someone, we wont get caught" Blah.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
What a f-ing loser! I would imagine that he will be punished to full extent of the law, and I'm sure the inmates in prison will beat his a$$ everyday for what he tried to do. There is going to be a special place in hell for this guy...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
This whole situation could've been avoided if disabled kids simply werent allowed to play sports or socialize with normal kids in any way or come out in the day time.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
UNIONTOWN, Pa. - A youth baseball coach on Thursday was ordered to stand trial for allegedly promising to pay one of his players $25 to hurt a 9-year-old mentally disabled teammate.

Downs, 27, will be arraigned Sept. 15 on two counts of criminal solicitation to commit aggravated assault and one count each of corruption of minors, criminal conspiracy and recklessly endangering another person.

Reese's father, Keith Reese Sr., testified that the coach admitted after the game to offering his son money to hurt the other boy.

"He told me, 'I did something ignorant. I told (Keith) I'd give him $25 to hit Harry in the face to take him out of the game,'" Reese said.

Downs' attorney, Thomas W. Shaffer, denied the allegations.

Shaffer said the $25 comment likely referred to a previous game, when the coach jokingly told his team he'd offer $25 to "anybody who can line drive the ref with the ball" when he was cautioned by the umpire.
That's an excellent excuse. I really meant for ya'll to hurt the ump.

The younger Reese said he asked the coach for the money when the team met at an ice cream parlor after the game, but did not receive it. He said the coach told him he'd get $25 if he signed up for the fall season.
Lesson. If you hire a hit man you better pay him or he is going to rat you out. I wonder if the kid would have turned him in if he had paid him the $25.00.