Quantcast

CoD: Black Ops

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
-single player was great but too short on the actual gameplay.

-multiplayer is meh. the monetary system is stupid IMO. everything has a cost to it so you pay for upgrades and weapons instead of leveling up to get them. still havent figured any of the maps out yet, but so far im leveling up pretty fast.

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
COD game single player has all been too short after COD2 (which may have been pretty short, but I have a hard time remembering)

as for multiplayer, I'm stuck on SC2 so i've no interest in the Multiplayer.

that said, i should have my "copy" tonight to check out the SP. Any improvements to the graphics engine over the previous game?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
COD game single player has all been too short after COD2 (which may have been pretty short, but I have a hard time remembering)

as for multiplayer, I'm stuck on SC2 so i've no interest in the Multiplayer.

that said, i should have my "copy" tonight to check out the SP. Any improvements to the graphics engine over the previous game?
what's sc2?

i'm interested in this game, but after cod4mw2 or whatever the second one was, I was a little disappointed at how quick it was over. I played it at my cousins house once and I played all of the good bits before I even bought myself a copy. The story was intense but it was over as soon as it started...cod4 had some story building "fluff" before it got into zomg wat does it mean...mw2 was like "hi, i'm a guy, BANG I R dead". I'm apprehensive, especially after 90% of the team leaving, that this is just another vehicle for sales...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
After CoD4 all FPS games have been outlawed by my wife since I spent way to much time on it. :)

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
Agree with the single player, fun but short.
The multiplayer is decent, but the spawn system is jacked.
Nuketown is awful.
Sound is not that good either.
So far, my tips would be to not buy anything and run the default classes until you unlock the FAMAS.
Buy claymores.
Run supressors and ghost due to everyone having spy planes active.
Save your coin for the Galil and AK74u. Both are good.

Also, there is an easter egg at the game selection screen with the tv that has the options for singleplayer/multi/zombies. Right analog to look down. Tap right and left triggers to break restraints. Walk around room to find the computer.

Type Zork to play old school text adventure game for an achievement.
Type DOA to open dead ops arcade(game like smash TV) for an achievement
Type 3ARC Unlock to unlock pentagon zombies if you have not beaten the campaign

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
. Any improvements to the graphics engine over the previous game?
MW was much longer in the actual gameplay than this new one, but the story lasted a while if you didnt skip through it and was worth it if you didnt.
some famous people's voices were used in the game like Ice Cube and Ed Harris

there hasnt been any change to the graphics engine and thats a good thing IMO. there was nothing wrong with MW, so why change it? the maps in MP are much bigger and like i said, i havent been able to figure them all out yet.

Zombies is of course fun and the when you finish the SP game, you get to play as a famous person killing zombies.

i normally dont buy games anymore thanks to Gamefly, but this and GT5 are my only exceptions since i probably will play them a lot.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
^^ lol, thats pretty much spot on. the latest crop of FPS games are ridiculously short. Medal of Honor only took my 4hours to beat in SP mode.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I'm ganna say what I said to my friends who waited at midnight for it. Find something better to do with your time, like a woman.
aww did daddy not buy you a nintendo when you were little?

i dont think you should be giving advice on anything...especially woman, tattoos, trucks, life....

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I've only played about 45 minutes of single player thus far but I think it's pretty intense. Have to admit, I'm feeling more fondly than I was with MW2. I'll probably start the multiplayer today and get my ass kicked.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Oh...OT but if you haven't played Fallout New Vegas you're missing out. That's what has been consuming the majority of my video gaming time.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Oh...OT but if you haven't played Fallout New Vegas you're missing out. That's what has been consuming the majority of my video gaming time.
the new Fallout should be game of the year again. i just got done with 40+ hours of it and loved every minute of it. i loved Fallout 3 and was stoked when this new one came out.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
the new Fallout should be game of the year again. i just got done with 40+ hours of it and loved every minute of it. i loved Fallout 3 and was stoked when this new one came out.
Fallout 3 was definitely awesome. Did you finish New Vegas yet? I'm trying to complete every possible quest and I'm going for the whole good karma thing. So far so good. I think I'm going to replay it on hardcore mode and be the worst person I can.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I played fallout 2 when I was little, that game was tight. But I was like 10 at the time

i dont think you should be giving advice on anything...especially woman, tattoos, trucks, life....
I had a playstation, I always asked for bike stuff and camping gear :thumb:

I get more pussy than you and I know first hand about bad tattoos, half of one of mine is ****ed up (the feet/ legs are ganna get fixed when i have cash)

As far as trucks, if it's a small truck and it doesn't say tacoma, you bought the wrong truck and are a retard. If you bought a full size, and it has a V8 in it, you bought the wrong truck and are a retard, whether it's diesel or gas. It really is that simple.....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

I played fallout 2 when I was little, that game was tight. But I was like 10 at the time

I had a playstation, I always asked for bike stuff and camping gear :thumb:

I get more pussy than you and I know first hand about bad tattoos, half of one of mine is ****ed up (the feet/ legs are ganna get fixed when i have cash)

As far as trucks, if it's a small truck and it doesn't say tacoma, you bought the wrong truck and are a retard. If you bought a full size, and it has a V8 in it, you bought the wrong truck and are a retard, whether it's diesel or gas. It really is that simple.....

i know how to settle this argument once and for all:

Tramp stamps:

IH8Rice: 1
Montashu: 0

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Fallout 3 was definitely awesome. Did you finish New Vegas yet? I'm trying to complete every possible quest and I'm going for the whole good karma thing. So far so good. I think I'm going to replay it on hardcore mode and be the worst person I can.
yeah, finished it last week. i saved a game before i started "eureka!" which is the last mission. if you dont save a game before you start the mission, you wont be able to go back and finish everything 100%.
i think i finished most everything and discovered most places thanks to the perk that shows all locations on the map.

if your left hand is called "pussy" then im sure you do. if you have to claim you get more pussy then anyone, chances are, you arent getting sh!t.

how are you going to fix a sh!tty tattoo? by making the legs and feet out of proportion again? make sure your friend uses dirty needles too.

and your ideology on trucks is about as dumb as you...(which is hard,i know)

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
if your left hand is called "pussy" then im sure you do. if you have to claim you get more pussy then anyone, chances are, you arent getting sh!t.

how are you going to fix a sh!tty tattoo? by making the legs and feet out of proportion again? make sure your friend uses dirty needles too.

and your ideology on trucks is about as dumb as you...(which is hard,i know)
Girlfriend....... Otherwise I have to wait a couple weeks between

Uhhhh, going to a shop. And FYI retard, my buddy only shaded it at my house. It got OUTLINED in a real shop by some one else.......

You're just bitter you don't have a cummins :)

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Uhhhh, going to a shop. And FYI retard, my buddy only shaded it at my house. It got OUTLINED in a real shop by some one else.......
if you got this outlined at a shop, then id say your friend is a better tattoo "artist" then the shop was...unless the guy at the shop this tiny feet, giant long legs and giant long guns is normal

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
if you got this outlined at a shop, then id say your friend is a better tattoo "artist" then the shop was...unless the guy at the shop this tiny feet, giant long legs and giant long guns is normal
My friend is a better tattoo artist than the shop. He's finished his apprenticeship at one of the best shops in the area. He just got offered a chair at a shop in Berkeley (I don't know a thing about this shop) We did it at my house with a clean set up, I'm more comfortable at home and I don't have to pay a shop for chair time.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
Girlfriend....... Otherwise I have to wait a couple weeks between
If you chose to name your left hand "girlfriend" instead of "pussy" then your on a whole different level than we all thought.

If your calling IH8Rice your girlfriend...then just carry on.

Matchew

Monkey
May 26, 2006
NH / Mass (ugh)
One of my buddies got Black Ops at midnight release and literally hasn't put it down since, already did a prestige as of last night:think:. I'm going to save being hopelessly addicted to a game until GT5 finally comes out. I couldn't put MW2 down and from what I've seen from this game it would be the same story.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
If your calling IH8Rice your girlfriend...then just carry on.

'm going to save being hopelessly addicted to a game until GT5 finally comes out. I couldn't put MW2 down and from what I've seen from this game it would be the same story.
all signs point to a release this year...though Gamestop said 1/1/11, but magazines and press events are scheduled for this year.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I like the game. Haven't even touched the single player mode. I have just been on MP the whole time. The spawing seems to have issues, even more so than MW2. I seem to get people spawning behind me quite a bit, especially on the smaller maps. Matchmaking takes forever to find games and we have had issues trying to play with 3+ people in a clan.

I played some of the other games last night, one in the chamber, sticks and stones, the gun game and the one where the guns switch every so often. One in the chamber and sticks and stones are good.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
The spawing seems to have issues, even more so than MW2. I seem to get people spawning behind me quite a bit, especially on the smaller maps.
yeah, ive had the same problems on smaller maps too. it pisses me off when i spawn and look right and get shot

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i just bought this game over the weekend...it sucks. Beat it in two days, the campaign was neat but predictable, the game is essentially just blasting your way down a hallway for four hours with some vehicle chases in between. MW2 was way better in gameplay, story, and so far, multiplayer...

has anybody noticed that these games seem to get worse and worse? MW1 was long and challenging. MW2 had a great storyline but was much shorter and more linear, but still creative. codbo was completely linear, you get worse/less creative weapons, the storyline was not quite as creative, and the AI f'ing blew. I can't tell you how many times some %&*%er ran right past half my team full sprint and shot me in the face with an AK, all while I had him in my sights plinking off rounds.

The multiplayer ain't bad, but I prefer MW2 for it's weapons. I also seem to have some lag where every time I turn a corner to see an enemy, the game hangs for a split second before they appear...during which time I'm already dead.

tl;dr giant skip on this game, just a vehicle to make some moolah

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i thought the SP story line was a ton better than MW2, which stunk IMO. Treyarch did a much better job with it then IW did.
if you thought the AI stunk, maybe you should play it on something besides easy....just sayin.

there are more weapons in Black Ops, but their sound and shooting characteristics arent as good as MW2.
ive only played one game out off 150 that had lag and the host was booted after a few minutes thankfully

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
what's sc2?
/snip
Starcraft 2. Epic game, to try to get good on the ladder (global ranked multiplayer) is one of the most difficult and brain-intensive tasks I've ever undertaken in a computer game.

if you miss your build timings by a few seconds... you're screwed. If you fail to scout your enemies build, you most likely lose. If you fail to react and/or push at the proper time, you're gonna lose.

:rant:

BUT, its amazing brain exercise, <3 real time strategy games.

I go into a session of Ladder games knowing full well I'll probably lose 10 games before I win one. My buddy is a pretty high level diamond player on the ladder (which puts him very close to Pro) and he's coaching me. There are just SO many things to pay attention to at once.

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
My biggest complaint is the matchmaking (on 360 FWIW). It's damn near impossible to get into a game with more than one of your buddies. We have tried to get a team together with 4-6 people and the game is crazy unstable. It continually kicks people out of the lobby or closes it before you can even get into a game. It also takes forever to find a match.

I like the actual game play. I haven't played SP yet though...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I know nothing of this game other than the fact that a guy yesterday said half his son's male high school classmates did not come to school the day after the game was released and it disrupted virtually the entire school with guys texting back and forth to those who did go to school.

The principal made an announcement about it on the intercom b/c peoples cells were blowing up all day. :rolleyes: