Quantcast

COD Question...

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Quick question for anyone who has sold things and done the COD route... is it safe? I have a guy who wants my old fork, but he wants to do COD and have his shipping company pick it up. :stosh:

At this I thought - scammer. But typically they don't try this scam on a sub $200 item. So I told him that if I do COD, it's UPS or US Post - and he is still interested. :think: :confused:

Now I am wonder if it is still safe (this is my only fork and I'm selling it to get $$ to replace my killed Boxxer)... or am I just being paranoid.

Any insight/wisdom/experience? :help:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I haven't had trouble but I have been buying...:) and I trust me. lol

I pay for the COD charge and the bank certified check if I am buying something. I am not going to send a check first....I am not going down like that. ;) But I understand the wanting to get paid part so I say send it COD (to only be paid with a certified check) so that they gets paid and I only pay when I get the item.

I bought my DH bike this way....open the box....quick glance at product and handed over check.

My first DH fork was purchased similiarly....no payment until I receive it but I can't take it until I pay for it....I have only done it a handfull of times.

I haven't been wronged but others might have. Don't make a judgement based soley on my response. I would definately use UPS or US Postal.

Good luck. What fork are you selling?

cali4niabiker

Monkey
Jun 29, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
Slugman said:
Quick question for anyone who has sold things and done the COD route... is it safe? I have a guy who wants my old fork, but he wants to do COD and have his shipping company pick it up. :stosh:

At this I thought - scammer. But typically they don't try this scam on a sub $200 item. So I told him that if I do COD, it's UPS or US Post - and he is still interested. :think: :confused:

Now I am wonder if it is still safe (this is my only fork and I'm selling it to get $$ to replace my killed Boxxer)... or am I just being paranoid.

Any insight/wisdom/experience? :help:
I've done COD before. I would get this guys home address and phone number before I send the fork. Check his address on www.zip2.com (to verify if it is for real) and be sure to chat with him on the phone to see if he really exists. If he gives you a fake address and number, don't send your fork! :nope: Sell your fork to the next honest dude.

That way, you have his name and contact info, and you can go after him if he sends you a bad check... oh, keep all shipping receipts.

-CAbiker

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
I have sold and bought many things through c.o.d., Its actually the only way I will sell things now. Just make sure like others have said make sure he knows that he either needs to pay by certified check/money order, or what I prefer is a u.s. postal money order, it can be cashed at any post office. Hope this helps

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Thanks guys for all your feedback... but as I suspected - as soon as I told him that I would only do COD with UPS or US post, he stopped responding.

Another punk a$$ piece of sheet that I would love to meet in a desolate section of mountain trails....

I'll be deleting this thread later... since it is now as useless as the "buyer"

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Slugman said:
I'll be deleting this thread later... since it is now as useless as the "buyer"
Maybe someone has the same questions.....don't delete.

It is better that you found out now he was a scum bag than after you sent him the fork.