Quantcast

Cod4 (ps3)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i play on PC...w/ my new graphics card it is completely insane!!! my SN is Tubby and i'm usually in the free for all games until i get my rank up higher. currently SSGT 1.
it's a good thing it's frigid outside so at least i don't feel guilty sitting here and playing the day away ;)

karmapolice

Chimp
Nov 3, 2007
Marietta, GA
I play it on pc :), but have 360 and ps3 lol. I plan on renting it just to play it on console and will proably get it on ps3 because I have an hdmi cable for it sn is karmapolice23

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle

rank 21 right now...but that'll change shortly...I'm soooo additced to it...

Too bad the multiplayer was having so many serious issues (360-wise) right around new years.....hopefully it's back to where it should be today....

karmapolice

Chimp
Nov 3, 2007
Marietta, GA
360 has hdmi too
yeah if you waited and got an elite, though I think the premiums come with them now which I also missed. I bought an orginal one with a best buy warranty which I used like in august before they started putting hdmi on the premium ones so unless mine starts red lighting or I make it no hdmi on my 360.

deadatbirth

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
In a van down by the river
yeah if you waited and got an elite, though I think the premiums come with them now which I also missed. I bought an orginal one with a best buy warranty which I used like in august before they started putting hdmi on the premium ones so unless mine starts red lighting or I make it no hdmi on my 360.
madcatz makes a adapter to convert the old 360's to output on hdmihttp://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&product%5Fid=802814

deadatbirth

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
I'll not be buying a PS3. Just not impressed with it.
then you have no idea what you are talking about. its essentially a super computer thats far faster than any computer on the market, plus it has a BD player built in and wireless. and all for $399

if you want to get your 360 online, you need a wireless adpater or ethernet cable...oh and you have to pay
and pay for a hd-dvd player too, and pay for wireless

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
then you have no idea what you are talking about. its essentially a super computer thats far faster than any computer on the market, plus it has a BD player built in and wireless. and all for $399

if you want to get your 360 online, you need a wireless adpater or ethernet cable...oh and you have to pay
and pay for a hd-dvd player too, and pay for wireless
A) I don't have any need for HD DVD, thanks.
B) I'm not interested in re-buying my library of games
C) I'm not going to pay $399 for ANOTHER game system that will end up obsolete in a couple years, and that a good gaming desktop could destroy in terms of capability and versatility of use.

Oh, and those PS controllers are horribly uncomfortable to hold.

YMMV

deadatbirth

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
well you said you arent impressed with it and i stated facts how it is better than 360. albeit the games arent up to snuff of the 360 because of the late release of the system.
and to get a desktop to come close to the ps3 you would have to get a 364mb video card or a 512mb card. IBM made the processor for the ps and said how much better it is than anything else out there.
and there wont be another "next gen" console for many many years to come. sony lost millions on the ps and they arent going to loose anymore money on ps4

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
well you said you arent impressed with it and i stated facts how it is better than 360. albeit the games arent up to snuff of the 360 because of the late release of the system.
and to get a desktop to come close to the ps3 you would have to get a 364mb video card or a 512mb card. IBM made the processor for the ps and said how much better it is than anything else out there.
and there wont be another "next gen" console for many many years to come. sony lost millions on the ps and they arent going to loose anymore money on ps4
I'm not fond of ANYTHING made by IBM since someone I know who works for them has explicitly told me to never buy any IBM computer, but that's besides the point.

Sony won't make another console because they dropped the ball on the PS3 and lost a lot of market share to Microsoft. They won't be getting that share back any time soon. Sony's time in the video game industry wouldn't appear to be moving beyond the PS3. Too bad, they had a hell of a product with the PS2, and it fell apart between the PS2 and PS3.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Sales for PS3 are going up and 360 is losing ground fast.
The 360 is indeed inferior to the PS3 in specs and use, built in ethernet etc. but for now xbox has more games.
Offcourse Sony had a bad start because the release was to late but I think things will change in 08.
Im curious why no one should buy a IBM product though? Its not like any of the big companys are any better then another, well exept for Nintendo obviously which has outsold the other two next gen consoles.

That said I own both a Wii and a PS3 and allthough Ive been a Nintendo fanboy all my life Im allmost exclusively playing my PS3...

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Sales for PS3 are going up and 360 is losing ground fast.
The 360 is indeed inferior to the PS3 in specs and use, built in ethernet etc. but for now xbox has more games.
Offcourse Sony had a bad start because the release was to late but I think things will change in 08.
Im curious why no one should buy a IBM product though? Its not like any of the big companys are any better then another, well exept for Nintendo obviously which has outsold the other two next gen consoles.

That said I own both a Wii and a PS3 and allthough Ive been a Nintendo fanboy all my life Im allmost exclusively playing my PS3...
Technology means nothing if there's nothing to play on it. Sad, but true.

The IBM comment comes from a friend who works with IBM and has explained that the quality of their products has been rather poor in recent years.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle

The IBM comment comes from a friend who works with IBM and has explained that the quality of their products has been rather poor in recent years.
I have seriously considered buying a PS2 (or even a PS3....sigh....) to only play the Rachet and Clank series...that's it. Nothing else. Cause if I played it anymore than that, I'd get carpal tunnel from that freakin' annoying controller....

deadatbirth

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
I'm not fond of ANYTHING made by IBM since someone I know who works for them has explicitly told me to never buy any IBM computer, but that's besides the point.

Sony won't make another console because they dropped the ball on the PS3 and lost a lot of market share to Microsoft. They won't be getting that share back any time soon. Sony's time in the video game industry wouldn't appear to be moving beyond the PS3. Too bad, they had a hell of a product with the PS2, and it fell apart between the PS2 and PS3.
IBM helped design the processor, not the whole unit, and yes their computer are/were always junk, but not the processor itself.
and like i first said, they arent making another unit for a while because of how much money they lost with ps3.
and the product is far more advanced than the ps2, or the 360, the only thing that fell apart b/w ps2 and ps3 was the criteria to have a bd player which costs more than anything else in the unit, and the fact that it was delayed has nothing to do with the product itself.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey

Theres not a whole lot of games at the moment but still enough to make most people happy.
Theres a lot of big releases planned for 08 so I hope things will change for the better. On the other hand, you can only play so much games and a lot of the games out on 360 and Wii are utter garbage...

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Ksyrium added.
Cant you sync clan tags to play on the same team automatically?

Im still really pissed of about the matching system that still isnt working.
Infinity ward better solve the problem soon or Ill have to start playing another game.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Ksyrium added.
Cant you sync clan tags to play on the same team automatically?

Im still really pissed of about the matching system that still isnt working.
Infinity ward better solve the problem soon or Ill have to start playing another game.
I've noticed that it "seems" to work, most of the time. But I've only played a handful of matches where people had matching clan tags, so it could be a coincidence.