Quantcast

Code leak... need help

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
So in the past month I've had a set of Codes. I'd guess I've had to bleed them oh, say 10 times......
They're losing fluid. Originally I figured it was my own fault. I shortened the lines myself and thought I must not have properly torqued the olives. Redid the job, same issue.
Couldn't figure it out until just now. Fluid is leaking from my pad contact adjuster on my rear brake. So I tried messing with the contact adjustment... seized up. Tried loosening the 2mm hex on the dial, does nothing. Took the red dial completely off, the whole unit moves in and out of the lever assembly maybe 2-3mm.
Is this a home fix for a decently mechanical person? Or do I need to warranty the brake?
Those familiar with the brake, how do I fix this?

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Well, I just freed up the red dial and it now turns again. Still a good amount of play in it, both side to side and in and out. So it's still going to leak.
Any help?

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
well i had an issue were i tured the red knob to far. and it seemed like it was a hayes with a blown master cylander. i say bring it to a shop cause it wound up being a big problom cause i tried fixing it myself... oh and the no plastic anywere add is bs cause the piece that broke was PLASTIC!

sorry for my spelling :)

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
actual code levers?
No, I run the fake ones... :D
Think I may have fixed it. I took the dial completely off, cleaned everything up a little, and reassembled. When I pulled the lever after assembly it felt like there was more fluid in the system. Really strange because when I first took the dial off, my lever was really squishy and could be pulled to the bar easily with the pad contact all the way out. Now with the pad contact all the way out I can't get the lever close to the bar at all. No fluid around the dial after a good ride this afternoon as well. Strange... but I ain't complaining. :monkeydance::monkeydance::monkeydance:

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
No, I run the fake ones... :D
Think I may have fixed it. I took the dial completely off, cleaned everything up a little, and reassembled. When I pulled the lever after assembly it felt like there was more fluid in the system. Really strange because when I first took the dial off, my lever was really squishy and could be pulled to the bar easily with the pad contact all the way out. Now with the pad contact all the way out I can't get the lever close to the bar at all. No fluid around the dial after a good ride this afternoon as well. Strange... but I ain't complaining. :monkeydance::monkeydance::monkeydance:

how's ted's after all the rain?????.....i've got a cast on my left hand so i'm out for a couple more weeks......

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
how's ted's after all the rain?????.....i've got a cast on my left hand so i'm out for a couple more weeks......
Pretty damn good. The upper parts were really nice, towards the bottom it was still wet though.
Lots of people out there too, even Chris Kovarik. Kinda neat seeing what a big name pro can do on your own trails.
I just sent you a myspace message actually.
And bummer to hear about the cast.. finally get your thumb fixed?