Quantcast

Code Pads?

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
I need some new pads for my Codes and after googling it I found some Clarks pads and some A2Z pads that are a lot cheaper. I've always bought the Avid pads, but if I can get the same thing for half price that would be great. I would also like some that are more like the metal compound, the organic pads just don't last long enough. Whats your guys experience with other brands?

mtbrider106

Monkey
May 23, 2009
auburn
so first question for you. do you value your life? if so why are you tryin to save a buck or too on brake pads. and i run metal sintered they are loud but they work really good and long life i got 600 miles on my dh bikes with those pads.

Oct 8, 2005
Mexico
I need some new pads for my Codes and after googling it I found some Clarks pads and some A2Z pads that are a lot cheaper. I've always bought the Avid pads, but if I can get the same thing for half price that would be great. I would also like some that are more like the metal compound, the organic pads just don't last long enough. Whats your guys experience with other brands?
They suck! i used them as an emergency pair and it felt like i was a 400lb nun on v-brakes, seriously not worth it.

blackspire

Monkey
Jul 19, 2007
so first question for you. do you value your life? if so why are you tryin to save a buck or too on brake pads. and i run metal sintered they are loud but they work really good and long life i got 600 miles on my dh bikes with those pads.
I seriously doubt you would risk your life by using other than Avid brake pads. If you firmly believe in more money = safer than almost all components on your bike must be top of the line. If you don't want to snap your bars, frame, fork, wheel etc in a middle of a run does that mean you have to buy the most expensive stuff?

Last edited:

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
When I had a pair of Codes (a long, long time ago), I had pretty good luck running 1 metal and 1 organic pad -- both Avid brand. It wasn't expensive and lasted for a good while.

Codes have a ton of power as-is -- I didn't really feel the need to try any boutique aftermarket pads. Although, if I were to, I would definitely consider EBC or Goodridge compounds -- both very, very good.