Quantcast

Cody Warren Wins D.V. Slalom

R

Rabie

BMXman said:
couldn't have said it better...:thumb:
How's this: She doesn't fit into one of my neat little prescriptive gender roles. Not only does her success lead to a visibility which threatens the universalization of the social constructs that tell me I'm a man, destablizing my place as subject, but her stature, both literally and figuratively, makes her kinda hard to objectify --and if there's one thing I know a woman should be, it's an object. All of this makes me mad, and when I get mad, I call people names.

Rabie said:
How's this: She doesn't fit into one of my neat little prescriptive gender roles. Not only does her success lead to a visibility which threatens the universalization of the social constructs that tell me I'm a man, destablizing my place as subject, but her stature, both literally and figuratively, makes her kinda hard to objectify --and if there's one thing I know a woman should be, it's an object. All of this makes me mad, and when I get mad, I call people names.
Ha, nicely put :p :thumb:

biker3

Turbo Monkey
Jeremy R said:
biker3 meet Anne Caroline
Anne Caroline meet biker3

She rides "flooidly" no doubt.
Okay I agree with u there and yeah I pretty much made up that word. I agree Anne Caroline is the closest woman to it but if you watch closely she still doesnt whip it out, throw the bike around like the guys do. When I watch women ride it always seems like they are along for the ride on the bike instead of riding bike. Once again I know woman are really fast but I can't say I enjoy many pro women's style. I guess I could say that about some men too. This will prb upset some but opinion is opinion.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
biker3 said:
Okay I agree with u there and yeah I pretty much made up that word. I agree Anne Caroline is the closest woman to it but if you watch closely she still doesnt whip it out, throw the bike around like the guys do. When I watch women ride it always seems like they are along for the ride on the bike instead of riding bike. Once again I know woman are really fast but I can't say I enjoy many pro women's style. I guess I could say that about some men too. This will prb upset some but opinion is opinion.
I know what you saying, but back in the day when Mt. Snow had their Mountain Cross Exhibition race. It was a pro only course, and the jumps were huge. And AC was looking faster and smoother on it than half of the Pro men. It was sick.
Her looking fast on the DH track was one thing, but watching her rail that MTX course really proved she is a freakshow on wheels. ;)

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
BMXman said:
What's with all the hate towards Michelle? I don't get it....D
W3rd!! It's a life style choice...yeesh....if we start judging and hating on Michelle...why don't we just start hating on people with only their left ear lobe pierced twice...or just their right nipple once....or maybe anyone with a tatoo that says "mom"...oh wait.. I know...we'll just ostrisize anyone that has hair that's longer than 1.5347 inches long anywhere on their body...(micrometer anyone??!!?!) :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: jeez...

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Secret Squirrel said:
W3rd!! It's a life style choice...yeesh....if we start judging and hating on Michelle...why don't we just start hating on people with only their left ear lobe pierced twice...or just their right nipple once....or maybe anyone with a tatoo that says "mom"...oh wait.. I know...we'll just ostrisize anyone that has hair that's longer than 1.5347 inches long anywhere on their body...(micrometer anyone??!!?!) :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: jeez...
It's not the hate, it's just the fact he shouldn't be able to race in the womans class.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
I suppose a really good question would be: What happens if a chick wanted to be a guy?? Would she have to stay in the women's class just like all of you are saying that Michelle should stay in the guys class?? ........Just wondering...

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Then you'd have a chick on a lot of androgenic drugs...which a lot of roadie and XC chicks, as wlel as track & Field, bodybuilding, etc...competitors are on. Physiologically, they're still weaker than comparably trained men.

Secret Squirrel said:
I suppose a really good question would be: What happens if a chick wanted to be a guy?? Would she have to stay in the women's class just like all of you are saying that Michelle should stay in the guys class?? ........Just wondering...
Michelle should not be allowed to compete. I'm sure she wouldn't want to race in the mens class (she is a women) but she has an unfair advantage in the womens class. Its a bad situation, but its the option that makes the most sense. Its not like she can't ride, its just unfair for her to race as a women when she has the advanatages of a man (atleast to a certain extent).

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Secret Squirrel said:
If a woman wanted to race in the mens class, more power to her.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Secret Squirrel said:
In as much as my post with her pic was meant to be funny I do agree that the hating on her is jevenile and stupid. Whether or not she should race, or the right or wrong of what she did to her body is something that can be discussed without resorting to petty name calling and little digs at her. And I am not sure it's something that people will agree on anyway. I think the subject of changing ones sex/gender/body/whatever is really touchy. People take sides much as they do with politics and religion.

Sure, she used to be a dude. But at least she ain't BikerFox. And who here wouldn't rather hang or ride with Michelle then Biker Fox? Not only that I bet Michelle could take Biker Fox anyday. :D

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
It's not like he/she's taking any $$ out of the girl's pockets otherwise I guarantee we would hear more b*tching. If she was taking $2500-$5000 checks for winning I'm sure NORBA would look further into the situation.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
funny all the peole so far who have been bitching about Michelle are guys...which Michelle's racing affects in no way at all. If the pro women really didn't want her in their class they should get together and say so....but unless you're a pro woman why would you care???...D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Ciaran said:
In as much as my post with her pic was meant to be funny I do agree that the hating on her is jevenile and stupid. Whether or not she should race, or the right or wrong of what she did to her body is something that can be discussed without resorting to petty name calling and little digs at her
exactly....D

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
BMXman said:
funny all the peole so far who have been bitching about Michelle are guys...which Michelle's racing affects in no way at all. If the pro women really didn't want her in their class they should get together and say so....but unless you're a pro woman why would you care???...D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but have there not been protests BY the pro women already? I seem to remember a number of the women thinking it was unfair at some major race (was it the Canadian nats last year?).

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Yeah, quite a few of the women have expressed concern, some even protested her at a venue, more than once. BMX does not know what he is talking about.

Like I said, Transgendered class for Michelle, problem solved.

Where is Cody Warren?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Ya know, I was just thinking, Cody probably made an assload of coin this weekend. I am 90% sure he does not make a salary from Haro, and if I were setting his contract up I would set him up on something like a $5000-$10000 to win a NCS bonus schedule that paid 3-10 deep, figuring the chances were slim he would not win a NCS, I wouldnt have to worry about it....I will get on this, curious minds wanna know.

EDIT>> I meant, his chances of winning a race were slim.

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
stiksandstones said:
figuring the chances were slim he would not win a NCS, I wouldnt have to worry about it...QUOTE]
You mean chances slim he would win one this year? Contracts signed before schedule conflicts annouced, suddenly field thins out and CW pulls out a win and contingency $$ kicks in!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
yeah, I meant, his chances of winning a race were slim. And I do not mean that in the way you all think, I think cody has mad skills and his time is coming, but not at this moment with a lopes, carter, voreis, kind of full crew at an NCS.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
stiksandstones said:
Yeah, quite a few of the women have expressed concern, some even protested her at a venue, more than once. BMX does not know what he is talking about.

Like I said, Transgendered class for Michelle, problem solved.

Where is Cody Warren?
maybe you should actually read what I wrote.
BMXman said:
If the pro women really didn't want her in their class they should get together and say so
a few pro women complaining is not going to cut it. They would need to sign a petition or something to show a majority of them against Michelle racing....then they would get somewhere...but just a few women b!tching here and there is not going to make a difference...D

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
to end this thread hijack, just have two1 click on the "edit" button of his very first post. Then he clicks on "Delete Message". It makes the whole thread go away. It would be best for all!
Then he can re-post that Cody Warren won and we'll start over! :thumb:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
bizutch said:
to end this thread hijack, just have two1 click on the "edit" button of his very first post. Then he clicks on "Delete Message". It makes the whole thread go away. It would be best for all!
Then he can re-post that Cody Warren won and we'll start over! :thumb:
No, we must hijack all threads and discuss people and things that have nothing to do with us! That's what intarweb boards are for!

Next topic: Should Mack be sacrificed to the two wheeled gods, or should he have a sex change and then start racing? :think: