Quantcast

Coffee Drinkers, What Do Ya Like?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
here's a little shot in the arm for ya.

get about a 20oz. mug.
fill it with strong dark roast.
then squeeze in a chocolate powergel, a little cream, stir.

that's a windrock breakfast.
that'll get ya through the whole mornings session.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Cascade Roasters "Rocket Java", very nice dark roast that isn't bitter and has some kick.

For foo foo coffee, Coffee People Mindsweeper (latte made with Black Tiger).

Del

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Alexandria, VA
My wife and I are using one of those pod coffee makers and they work great. You can make a cup at a time and it's easily made strong or light.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I like Dark Roast coffees made in a French Press. Jet Black.
Or straight espresso shots. I actually think these taste better than anything if made correctly.
As far as Starbucks, I actually like their alot of their dark roast coffees, but everytime I go there I always end up waiting behind 15 "Wilson Phillips" looking ladies waiting on their dessert drinks to be made. They need an express lane for the addicts like myself.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I like dark roasted coffee. For some reason I can't make a good cup at home, I think there is some funky reaction going on with my water and coffee maker. We get free Yuban at work, horrible horrible stuff.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Yeah Westy, that is why I use my french press.
I have a nice coffee maker at home, but I don't know what it is, but it makes the most bitter crap on earth. Its not the caffiene either, I can drink espresso all day long, but one cup from that maker and my stomach is fubared.
And SS, the only thing I get from Starbucks is just their regular dark roast coffee.
Oh yeah, another thing that I always get from this local coffee shop is dark roast coffee with a shot of espresso in it. Those rule too.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Was a big starbucks fan...especially of their caramel machiatto...unfortunatly there ere only 4 people in Southern California that know how to make a proper one. But after discovering that a single cup of that stuff is like 1500 calories I had to give it up. Drinking Pete's Coffee and Tea leaf drip as well as Borders Bookstore brand Seattle's Best.

Anyone happen to know how many grams of sugar is in one packet of that Sugar in the Raw stuff?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I usually order my coffee from Costa rica.Cafe Britt

The dark roast and the Tarrazu Montecielo are awesome. usually I order once a year and get a case. It lasts me through the year

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dark roast, either italian or french. beans kept in air-tight room temp container, ground just before brewing. brewer is generic mr coffee which does a surprisingly good job. add half n half to mug, pour coffee over. enjoy.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Preferably a dark Italian or French roast, done by French press. Sometimes local roastery stuff, sometimes we order from places we've liked in the past.

For more than a cup or two, we actually use a stainless old school style percolator. Don't laugh; a good percolator can actually make good coffee. To make it last flavor wise, don't leave it in - pour it from there into a carafe to keep warm.

vamkie

Chimp
Mar 8, 2006
Gevalia

Antigua, Kenya, Signature Blend and their limited editions are all good. Just ordered Indian Malabar - $41 for 2lbs it better be good.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I buy all kinds. Brands be damned... we have a shop up the road that brings in coffee from all over. Right now I'm drinking some from Kona and we have some from Jamaca in the freeezer. I like all roasts as long as they arent too sour and I'm not a big french roast drinker, broad spectrum Medium roast drinker I guess you could call me.

Starbucks is okay... its just good coffee, but its just that... coffee, not worth $4 for a large cup thats for damn sure. Add milk = $2 more :blah:

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
Cafe Brit straight from Costa Rica, its really good and dark and especially strong. They grow roast and process the beans right there so it helps the economy in the area. try it sometime, its AMAZING!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Jeremy R said:
I like Dark Roast coffees made in a French Press. Jet Black.
Or straight espresso shots. I actually think these taste better than anything if made correctly.
As far as Starbucks, I actually like their alot of their dark roast coffees, but everytime I go there I always end up waiting behind 15 "Wilson Phillips" looking ladies waiting on their dessert drinks to be made. They need an express lane for the addicts like myself.
damnit.
i gotta build another one.

as you listen to w.bells this weekend,
i'll be listening to chainslap. :love:

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
I alternate between my mokka pot and my french press. Kona in thre press and either Starbucks Itialian roast or French roast in the pot.

we get free folgers at work. They like it weak as water. Nasty Stuff

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I am surprised to see a lot of people here like their java served as I do- dark roasted, bold, black and pack-that-filter strong. I do not know anyone else who does, and the Starbucks Sumatran venti I slug down(in addition to what I brew and bring in a thermos) after lunch makes all my coworkers cringe. They tend to be, as dhb describes, the Wilson Phillips types but thankfully, they offer to pick mine up for me. For as much of their product as I consume, it's amazing how rarely I actually see the inside of a Starbucks. I get their coffee by the bag from WalMart(French, Italian or Sumatran) and piggyback others' java runs.