Quantcast

Coffee for a n00b

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I dunno... I've tried fish oil before and couldn't even tolerate the burps that resulted. :fie:
Ya gotta get the encapsulated ones. And not have reflux. That helps as well. Fishy burps are indeed gross.

Speaking of gross, my day's coffee indeed has a bit of a fishy twinge to it. It's still drinkable but gives me slight pause. I think I'll separate my coffee and EPA/DHA fatty acid pursuits in the future.

:D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It's not even the taste of this coffee-fish-thing so much. It's the aroma wafting over from it

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
At the very bottom of my flask was a little thing that looked like a soft splinter, maybe 8 x 2 mm? I think it was congealed fish oils, or maybe the remnants of the capsule?

It was somewhat gag inducing when I swallowed those last coffee dregs. But it's now all in my belly.

(Whether small amounts of fats such as the MCT and fish oils today impede ketosis on fasting days is a separate question. I have a breath acetone meter inbound that I can use to test this in the future, but for now I'm not worrying about it.)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I took a week off from coffee before my official labwork drawn today (as coffee can cause spurious elevations in triglyceride levels per report).

I returned to coffee this afternoon, post-labs. And I am drinking it straight up, legit black, no less!

(This is because I ate a meal of a given fat content beforehand and am doing an oral triglyceride tolerance test. Having fats during the post-meal period would taint my data.)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
this is a rabbit hole i see myself going down.....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's basically the older model of this one:
Jon, go for the Baratza Sette 270wi. It weighs the grinds.

:nerd:

the 270wi is one of the models i was looking at, but in reading some of the user reviews one of the most common complaints is that the weights are off, which sounds like just a calibration issue and should be fixable on a unit at this price point.