Quantcast

Coffee Good!!!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Ever sit around your home and toss back a cup or two? I feel like I could conquer the world...

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I made a new friend the other day...it turns out she works at a Peet's coffee shop near me. Free grounds for me! Booyah!

Unfortunately, my stomach's been acting up lately, so it's been 3 weeks since my last cup. Sad days...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
reflux said:
I made a new friend the other day...it turns out she works at a Peet's coffee shop near me. Free grounds for me! Booyah!

Unfortunately, my stomach's been acting up lately, so it's been 3 weeks since my last cup. Sad days...
Is that how you picked your username?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Coffee can be good, and can be very bad. The stuff they have here at work is used paint thinner. I tend to stick to a nice 10% Kona blend at home. Not too pricey but quite tasty.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Westy said:
Coffee can be good, and can be very bad. The stuff they have here at work is used paint thinner. I tend to stick to a nice 10% Kona blend at home. Not too pricey but quite tasty.
Work coffee = ass wash
Coffee from home = :drool:

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
N8 said:
Mmm.. that just sounds yummy!

:)
it is so very good. it is one of the best things about this time of year. days might be getting shorter, but i can console myself in tasty pumpkin spice coffee.
7-11 also has this sugary sweet pumpkin spice beverage in their hot cocoa dispenser now. it's a bit sweet, but pretty good.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Andyman_1970 said:
I wish I liked coffee, I really want to go to Starbucks and act all trendy with my cafe latte................

I'm actually serious..............
Starbucks doesn't sell coffee.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
amydalayna said:
i have taken to the pumpkin coffee this time of year. not into flavored coffee, but it's very nice. the taste of autumn.
I even ground up my own beans. I used the Annie "15 second rule".

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
sanjuro said:
I even ground up my own beans. I used the Annie "15 second rule".
Annie would be soo proud. She is STILL angry about her roommate grinding HER coffee for only 2 seconds and then complaining how weak it is.

You like your coffee like you like your men, dark and strong, right?

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
SkaredShtles said:
Is that how you picked your username?
I had some wicked heartburn several years back when I was signing up for some random messageboard. Anyway, reflux (you know, as in acid reflux) kinda popped into my head and I've been using it ever since. Yeah, kinda lame.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
SkaredShtles said:
Only posers go to *Starbucks* to act trendy. :rolleyes: ;)
When in was in Bend last year I went to this cool little coffee shop on the older side of town - I felt like such a total dork "I'll have a cinamon roll and a water.........."

So much for being all trendy and cool.................... :rolleyes:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Andyman_1970 said:
When in was in Bend last year I went to this cool little coffee shop on the older side of town - I felt like such a total dork "I'll have a cinamon roll and a water.........."

So much for being all trendy and cool.................... :rolleyes:
You don't have to like coffee to be trendy. You could have spent an additional $7 and got a Chai tea latte.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I get so mad waiting in line at Starbucks at all the people in front of me who have no medical need for caffiene. They are basically just getting dessert for their Venti sized azzes.
So I have to wait on them to get their milkshakes before I can get my dark roast with no room for anything but a lid.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Jeremy R said:
I get so mad waiting in line at Starbucks at all the people in front of me who have no medical need for caffiene. They are basically just getting dessert for their Venti sized azzes.
So I have to wait on them to get their milkshakes before I can get my dark roast with no room for anything but a lid.
am i the only one who boycotts starbucks?

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
amydalayna said:
am i the only one who boycotts starbucks?
Nope, I boycott them too. Coffee Bean is my favorite coffee chain in Socal. I tried Coffee People in Portland, Oregon last week and had a nice tripple Vanilla latte.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
ncrider said:
Nope, I boycott them too. Coffee Bean is my favorite coffee chain in Socal. I tried Coffee People in Portland, Oregon last week and had a nice tripple Vanilla latte.
alpen sierra is probably the biggest roasters in the tahoe basin. very tasty.

south lake isn't a very big town, but we have 5 starbucks. that is 5 too many.

and this time of year they make a damn good pumpkin latte. someone got me the pumpkin latte from starbucks. not good. too sweet... not pumpkiny enough.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
For straight up coffee, nothing beats what you can just make at home. As long as you're using halfway decent beans and a good method, it'll be great.