Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Loco sucks

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I started using coil for everything, except for some smooth flow type trails for better pedaling, because to make the "most out of the vertical", they made the grade shallow, so you end up pedaling your ass off...but, some of those trails have a mix of tech and flow and on one, I was unable to stick to an off-camber root-mess thing during an enduro race with the air shock a few years back (crashed), that I had no trouble with a coil on, so after that I said coil 100% of the time, everywhere. On some vacations I was bringing the air shock and switching it out for the longer XC rides vs. the more freeride gravity stuff, but again, no more. Just no good reason to run air if the bike can take a coil. It's nice to have a backup shock, so that's all I use the air for.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Air. Cause thats what my bike came with, and it was the most economically prudent choice when upgrading. Coil could work just as well for my uses, but at 3x the price I wouldn't get 3x the enjoyment.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I did replace my Fox DPX2 with a Push 11.6 on my Evil Offering, changed the bike completely. I don't think it climbs as well with the Fox, but well worth the sacrifice for the DH.