Quantcast

Coiler Coilair? wtf mate

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
what's the difference? I always just assumed people were mis spelling it?

I just bought a used coiler, did I make a mistake not getting a coilair or am I fretting over nothing since I originally was trying to find a dawg :confused:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Dude, if you are a 4% body fat XC racer, you made a mistake with a coiler.

If your name is Wade Simmons, you also f-ed up.

But with zero information about your weight and riding style, why don't you ask if the color matches your eyes?

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Dude, if you are a 4% body fat XC racer, you made a mistake with a coiler.

If your name is Wade Simmons, you also f-ed up.

But with zero information about your weight and riding style, why don't you ask if the color matches your eyes?
yes good answer. :thumb:

I am not a 4% body fat XC racer.

I don't know who the **** wade simmons is. (nor do I really care)

What does asking the difference between a coiler and a coilair have to do with the color of my eyes?

Thanks for being so helpful.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
this is what i can tell u i have an 06 coiler, i weigh 220 without gear on and i ride that bike like a dh bike i have flat landed and bottomed it 100 of times and it just keep going. it is actually my xc bike (i have a stab deluxe also for the lift access resorts) all the 4" bikes felt feeble that i rode b4 i bought this one.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I have an 07 Coilair frame. I use it for xc, dirt jumping, and DH riding. I weigh 213 without any gear. The bike is built pretty burly. I love it. It's a great "do it all" bike. The slack head angle rules.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
this is what i can tell u i have an 06 coiler, i weigh 220 without gear on and i ride that bike like a dh bike i have flat landed and bottomed it 100 of times and it just keep going. it is actually my xc bike (i have a stab deluxe also for the lift access resorts) all the 4" bikes felt feeble that i rode b4 i bought this one.
I have an 07 Coilair frame. I use it for xc, dirt jumping, and DH riding. I weigh 213 without any gear. The bike is built pretty burly. I love it. It's a great "do it all" bike. The slack head angle rules.
after owning the bike now for about 6 months I have to say I agree, for the price I can't complain one bit about the way the bike rides, it does a lot of things very well, and a few things great.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I could have told you that.

A group of my buddies work for a Kona dealer. Good bikes.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I ride the 2009 CoilAir.
I have not been very impressed with. I bought it last July, so far I've been through a whole new rear end and have had to have the main pivot rebuilt twice. Granted our trails in AZ are pretty rough, but still. Its also a HEAVY bike, mine is sitting at 44 lbs right now.

That being said, its still been a fun ride. I sold the 55 right away for a Lyrik U-Turn and put DH bars and Outlaws on it. I think I finally got the Magic Link to do what I want, that took a lot of trial and error.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
^^^^^^^^^^^^^I have a similar setup. I have outlaws and 29.5 DH bars. I can't ride anything that isn't that wide anymore. My bike is heavy, but not as heavy as yours. I weighed it last weekend. 41.5. It's hard to get up steep hills, but I love it.