Quantcast

colbert

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Does this mean no more Colbert Report? :(

Totally worth it though if for no other reason than this:

On his radio show, Rush Limbaugh was typically dour about the implications of Colbert's hire, telling his audience, "CBS has just declared war on the heartland of America." He continued, "No longer is comedy going to be a covert assault on traditional American values, conservatives. Now it’s just wide-out in the open."
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-stephen-colbert-replaces-letterman-20140410,0,3424423.story#ixzz2yVcgvIqX

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I think he will do quite well. He's damn funny and creative. And if it pisses off Rush, then its a win/win.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I watch Stewart and Colbert...not religiously, but often.

In terms of the ABC/NBC/CBS late night shows....not really. Occasionally Conan or Fallon, but barely.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Do any of you really watch any of the late night shows?
Not anymore. I used to be a pretty big Conan fan, and I was a huge Letterman fan in the mid-late 90s.

I don't get fancy-enough TV anymore. My cable package doesn't even let me watch Seth Meyers. I've yet to see an episode. That, and I'm in bed before 10 on most nights...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Okay glad to know I am not the only one not watching it then. If I watch anything its Kimmel on Hulu but its a long time ago I felt like turning it on. Just end up putting comedy on Pandora on.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
The flap over this is pretty hilarious.

1) Conservatives are not funny (at least not intentionally)
2) They don't have a very good sense of humor about not being funny
3) Apparently, they don't really understand blackface either.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/commentary/stephen-colberts-vile-political-blackface

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
not being a tv watcher I have no idea who he is. I do find it funny to see peoples reaction whe they moan about a show going off the air after a multi year run and they find out that I don't know who the actors are let alone knowing that the show even existed.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The flap over this is pretty hilarious.

1) Conservatives are not funny (at least not intentionally)
2) They don't have a very good sense of humor about not being funny
3) Apparently, they don't really understand blackface either.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/commentary/stephen-colberts-vile-political-blackface
Comments FTW.
That's because, like global warming, immutable homosexuality and rampant white racism, the left's petrified world views and opinions are static and indoctrinate in nature.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Which is the exact same thing as wearing blackface. DUH!
One of the comments hit the nail on the head:

You just compared the schtick of a comedian on a comedy network to the institutional and societal approved degradation of a entire race of people. Which in addition to being monumentally stupid is also precisely why folks like Colbert mock conservatives, your feigned attempts at equivocating always shines a light on the underbelly of your magnificent ignorance.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i made a somewhat similar point on facebook.

colbert is mocking the beliefs and ideologies that define conservatism.

the whole irony of the comparison to blackface is that conservatives are using their beliefs to suppress others, not the other way around.